Chapter 7

☆☆

☆☆

Chapter 7

☆☆

Draconia woke up to the feeling of something wet and rough against her cheek, tickling her neck. It licked her face and nudged her under the ear with force. She whined and tried to get it off with a heavy hand only to be met with a thick patch of warm fur that felt alive underneath her touch. In her sleepy haze, she ignored it and tried dragging her covers above her face but something heavy must be on them because they wouldn't budge; she tried to tug it weakly a few more times with no avail.

"Merrrrow."

She was startled into awareness by the sudden, deep sound that went straight into her left ear and flared a painful pounding through her head. Draconia yelped, when a sudden weight dropped on her legs and thighs; warm and heavy.

It took her a few calming breaths and a full minute to understand what was infront of her. Deep, wide, vibrant green eyes stared at her and she stared right back, captivated, mouth a gap and heart beating. The only other being that Draconia knew with eyes that green was Harry Potter— the mere thought of Potter sent unpleasant butterflies through her chest, something she couldn't stomach from a hangover early in the morning.

"So I wasn't dreaming," she mumbled, voice hoarse with disuse, rubbing her cheeks roughly and slumping back into the billows with a loud groan.

"Meow." The weight shifted and she groaned against the uncomfortable pressure her knees were under. She tried to sit up only to swallow hard, fighting the urge to vomit.

Draconia cradled her pounding head, cursing alcohol and miserable nights and unanswered owls. She thought of casting a summoning charm on the Hangover Potion near the sink in her bathroom but then remembered what happened last night and groaned again out loud, thanking McGonagall for the privacy she was blessed with, or otherwise, she would have died from embarrassment.

Draconia peered at the massive cat sprawled on her legs and thighs from between her fingers. Its ears twitched, twice, as it looked at her with unblinking, intense green, big eyes and then it started to groom its left paw while keeping eye contact.

Well, is this a normal cat thing? She wouldn't know. One of her dormmates in sixth year had a gray, fat cat that was barely able to walk but that's all she remembered.

"Can I get up, at least?" She asked, words twisted and mushed and Draconia pulled a face of her own. The cat's ears pricked, almost as if it were listening but otherwise, it didn't budge, its long tail switching as it licked its own fur clean.

She forced her body to shift under the cat's unbearable weight, which made her legs feel numb with every passing minute. Eventually, the creature took pity on her and moved, just enough, to release her.