Chapter 1

☆☆

☆☆

Chapter 1

☆☆

Draconia Malfoy stopped speaking since Harry Potter escaped with her wand that night in the Manor.

It was agonizing and painful, not the physical pain, No. But hearing her mother's cries and her father's pleas for forgiveness. Even Severus attempts to comfort her, hurt because all Draconia thought was 'it will be worth it' when the Dark Lord cut off her tongue brutally for betraying him and failing to recognize Harry Potter. As if she could forget those emerald green eyes and that messy, black hair. As if Draconia's heart hadn't stopped in her chest as soon as she laid eyes on Potter's swollen face kneeling before her, in her home, at the mercy of her family and their guests.

The urge to protect him, to save him had caught Draconia unawares. Potter was at her mercy; he was vulnerable and eventually, she was too weak to fight the urge and caved in and lied. It was funny, even with Bellatrix's taunts and laughter as she forced open Draconia's mouth physically as she refused to plead for mercy. How her mother's cries mixed with her muffled screams- Draconia hadn't felt a damn thing but relief that Potter wasn't dead even through her pain. Instead, she felt resigned that maybe she won't be alive to witness Potter's eventual victory because he could and would win.

And Draconia was right; it was worth it when Potter had won in the end with her wand and her last spoken words, even though the victory tasted sour and bitter with Severus's tragic death but it was a victory nevertheless.

She didn't have to speak on her trial when Potter took the chance to speak for her; he spoke of Draconia's mistakes and past, he spoke of her task and how she could have easily killed Dumbledore that day, and he spoke of her failure in doing so.

Draconia remembered the small whispers of the courtroom, filled with wanting hungry eyes for justice and punishment, waiting for her family's downfall. She remembered the older Auror who Draconia was certain she'd seen in the papers recently, read out her list of charges and asked her to explain her actions, then when her silence followed the ugly shouts for punishments and Azkaban began to raise from among the courtroom only to be silenced the moment Potter opened his mouth to object. It was very comical how very fast those people's voices faded at the mere existence of Potter.

Harry Potter had spoken for her, and Draconia's mouth had stayed shut because there wasn't much Draconia could say anyway, even if she could speak. So Potter had spoken for her; for her mother, against her father, in defense and honor of Severus Snape, and on behalf of every Slytherin student who was accused of aiding the Dark Lord's cause. All Draconia did was to watch, enchanted and confused and grateful. It was after that that the Wizengamot read Draconia's list of reparations; she was to finish out his final year at Hogwarts, receiving nothing less than an Outstanding in her N.E.W.T.s, taking Muggle Studies as one of her subjects; she was banned to go into the usual Hogsmeade trips till graduation; basically a house arrest in Hogwarts. She was to be under supervision for six more months after graduation- the list was agonizingly endless.