I Wish To See Her Again II

~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

It's been six long years, but the memory of her lingers like a melody, echoing through the corridors of my mind. I can still vividly recall that fateful day at Lahore train station, where our paths briefly crossed.

She had an air of mystery about her, like a character from a novel waiting to unfold. Her eyes held stories untold, and her laughter echoed through the bustling station like a rare, enchanting melody. In those fleeting moments, time seemed to stand still as I caught a glimpse of her in the midst of the chaotic crowd.

As I sit here today, pen in hand, I can't help but wonder where life has taken her since that day. The station, once a backdrop to our encounter, is now just a distant memory. Yet, the impact she had on my heart remains etched in the pages of my life.

Life has unfolded its chapters, taking me on a journey of highs and lows. Yet, the image of her, standing amidst the hustle and bustle, remains a constant, a beacon guiding my thoughts back to that serendipitous encounter.

I often find myself lost in the nostalgia of that moment, wondering if our paths will ever cross again. Fate has a peculiar way of weaving stories, and I can't help but believe that the universe conspired to bring us together for a reason.

As the ink dries on these pages, I can't help but hope that she, too, occasionally reminisces about that day at Lahore train station. Until the day our paths cross again, I'll continue to visit there , each time a silent whisper echoing the sentiments I never had the courage to express.

Time marches on, but the echoes of that encounter persist in the recesses of my heart. Today, as I leaf through the pages of these memories, I find myself yearning for a glimpse into the chapters of her life that unfolded beyond that bustling train station.

Life has led me down winding paths, and yet, the image of her remains a constant muse, inspiring my words. I wonder if she pursued her dreams or found solace in the gentle rhythm of everyday life. The girl with the mysterious eyes has become a phantom, haunting the corridors of my thoughts.

In the years that have passed, I've often imagined scenarios where our paths would intersect once more. Perhaps in a crowded market or a quiet café, our eyes would meet, and the unspoken connection from that day would reignite, transcending the boundaries of time.

Yet, reality often diverges from the scripts we weave in our minds. Life has sculpted its narrative, and while our paths may remain parallel, the hope lingers—a flicker that refuses to be extinguished.

As I pen down these words, I find myself caught between the nostalgia of what was and the uncertainty of what could be. The pages of this diary have become a sanctuary, a silent confidant for the musings of a heart still tethered to a fleeting moment in Lahore.

Until the day destiny decides to intertwine our stories once more, I'll continue to let the ink flow, etching her memory into the fabric of my existence. For now, the girl from Lahore train station remains a cherished enigma, a chapter that awaits further verses in the unwritten story of our lives.

But maybe it's impossible for both of us to meet again. It hurts, it hurts bear my heart. My parents and daadi is forcing me to get married. They want to see me happy in my life but how could I just make them understand that,

"Meri Manzil, Mera sukoon, Mera chain aur mera dil woh kab ka le kar jaa chuki hai"

I can still smell her presence with me. Her smile and specially her eyes. Those are the most beautiful feature of her.

I heard a knock on the door. It was my daadi.

"Beta, taiyar ho gaya hai na? Humein Lahore ke liye Jana hai. Tere baba car mein wait kar rahe hain", she said.

"Aap log jayein main train se aaunga", I replied tieing my shoelaces.

"Aur kitna dhundega usse beta? Teri baat pakki  hai kal"

"Bas ek akhri baar dadi. Kya pata mil jaye. Woh Na mile toh mujhe aur mere Dil ko tasalli mil jayegi ke humara milna qismat mein hi nhi hai", I said before leaving.

I took the train from Karachi station. After some hours of sitting on the compartment Alone I reached my destination.  The palpableness of my heart on that time was  high. My heart beats are rhythming with the wheels.

Arriving at the Lahore train station, I felt a surge of anticipation, driven by the determination to find the girl from six years ago. The memory of our brief encounter had stuck with me, and I embarked on this journey with hope in my heart, seeking to reconnect with a faded piece of my past.

In the midst of the bustling crowd, I scanned faces, searching for the distinct features that would lead me to her. The echoes of the station, filled with the comings and goings of trains, seemed to drown my efforts. Disappointment crept in as I realized the enormity of the task – finding one person among the masses.

I retraced our steps, revisiting the spots where fate had brought us together. Each corner held a whisper of the past, but she remained elusive. Doubts lingered – had I romanticized the memory, or was she truly a missing piece of my life?

As the day unfolded, my hopeful anticipation turned into a heavy heart. Sitting on a bench, I watched trains come and go, the echoes of our laughter and conversation haunting me. The girl, however, was nowhere to be found. The train station, once a place of promise, now felt like a symbol of unfulfilled expectations.

With a sigh, I acknowledged the disappointment that accompanied this quest. Fate had chosen not to weave our stories together this time. The station, where we once shared a fleeting connection, now represents missed opportunities.

Till midnight I was roaming on the platform with a ray of hope that maybe I'll see her but I didn't. My hopes sink like a setting sun.

With a heavy heart, I made my way home (to my aunt's house , where we were staying), carrying the weight of unfulfilled hopes and the echoes of what could have been.

They asked me where I was and why I'm late. I didn't get words to reply them. My dadi jumped in the conversation to save me from their questions.

"Chhoro, bohot raat ho gayi hai. So jao Jaa kar. Beta tum kuch kha lo", dadi said.

"Bhukh nhi hai", I Uttered walking towards the room where my bag was. I changed my clothes and tried to catch some sleep.

In the morning everyone was getting ready to visit somewhere. I was so lost that I forgot they were going for my baat pakki. I felt like I don't wanna go. But lately my dadi scolded me with a long lecture on the topic of log kya kahenge.

I  felt a mix of Anxiety and nervousness as I started to walk towards my  family with a sad facede. I've to go to meet a girl for a potential alliance whom I never saw, or if I say my heart doesn't give me the permission to see her picture. It's my dadi and parents who forced me for this engagement.

The destination was a quaint town, and the atmosphere was filled with a kind of comfort, which I felt before. As we entered the house, I exchanged pleasantries with the girl's family.

As we arrived at her house for the alliance meeting, a sense of anticipation hung in the air. Little did I know that destiny had a surprising twist waiting for me. As she entered the room, her eyes met mine, and a spark of recognition ignited between us.

When I finally laid eyes on the girl, a sense of familiarity struck me. Her name was Meerab. Memories flooded back, and I realized she was the same girl I had met six years ago at the Lahore train station.Their eyes met, and a smile of recognition crossed her face.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw her - Meerab, the girl , his family had come to meet for a potential alliance. As we exchanged greetings, I couldn't shake the feeling that I had met her before. I thought it's a delusion so I rubbed my eyes.

"Is it really you?" I asked in my mind, a mix of shock and joy washed over me. Six years ago, we had shared a brief moment at the Lahore train station, and now fate had brought us together again under different circumstances.

~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~