Be-Aaitbar si [III]

Meerab collected all the broken pieces of her bangles and tied them on a hanky then hide it on the almirah. She took first aid box and applied some ointment on her wound.

Her brain isn't working at the time. Now it's unbearable. He had crossed all of his limits today. How can he threatens her about divorce.

"Main tumhe talaq de dunga, phir socho tumhare khandan ki kitni badnami hogi, tumhare baap ki kitni badnami hogi aur talaq shuda aurat ko duniya kis nazar se dekhti hai tum bhi janti ho", his words are like knife for her heart. He didn't cared if the society taunt her by calling her with those disgusting names.

She wiped those fresh tears from her face. But it's not enough as her face was looking so pale. She rushed towards the washroom and spalash some water in her face. She wiped her face with towel.

She stepped out of the washroom and sat on the bed. Her heart was loaded with so much pain. She was hurted. She took her diary and pen then start writing her thoughts. After that she make up her mind to talk to maa begum.

She came downstairs bit maa begum wasn't there. She headed towards her room and found her sitting on the bed.
" Maa begum", she uttered. Maa begum looked at her and insisted her to sit.

"Bolo beta kya baat hai?", maa begum asked with concern." Mujhe baba ke ghar jana hai, ijazat lene aayi hu", she asked her hopefully. Maa begum can sensed that she's sad." Kuch hua hai beta? Sab thik hai na?", she asked looking into her daughter in laws teary eyes." Haan, bas baba ki yaad aa rahi hai, Kuch din baad wapas aa jaungi", she said.

"Isne dukhi hone wali kya baat hai beta. Aram se jao apne maa aur baba ke sath waqt bita kar aao", maa begum said." Jii main chalti hu", she said." Murtasim ko bol dena woh tumhe chhor ayega", mas begum suggested." Nhi, woh ghar pe nhi hai, main driver ke sath chali jaungi", meerab said.

Maa begum can sensed that something happened with her. She noticed the wound in her hand." Yeh haath mein kya hua hai beta? Itni gehri choot kaise lagi tumhe?", maa begum asked with concern.
"Murtasim ne kiya yeh?", she asked again. Meerab didn't said anything. Her eyes are stucked in the floor." Nhi maa begum, yeh toh kamre mein galti se lag gayi", she uttered. Maa begum understood everything.

" Meerab beta, ek kaam karo kal chali jana tumhari tabiyat bhi thik nhi lag rahi hai", she said with concern. Meerab lowered her gaze and uttered," Nhi abhi jaana chahti hu, Ijazat dein bas aap jaane ki".She left from there holding back her tears. Her heart was so heavy to carry.

She reached parking area and asked bakhtu to drop her to her father's house.

Jo nazar mein hai woh sarab  hai
Sach mein chupa koi Khwab hai
Dil sukoon mein hai magar lage
Kahin toh kuch kharab hai

As she sat on the car her tears start streaming from her eyes. She just want to scream and told her pain to someone which she was bearing from last 2 months.

His words are ringing in her mind.

"Main tumhe talaq de dunga, phir socho tumhare khandan ki kitni badnami hogi"

She close her eyes and exhaled the air.

Yeh mohabbatein yeh wafa jo hai
Kuch bhi nhi sab aarzi
Yeh hum mein kuch taluk bacha
Lagta hai bas yeh kaagzi