Chapter 26: Mounting Locks

November 26th, 2051

Shiona valley, Dumas mountains

The capturing of the Dumas mountains was considered pivotal to the operations on both sides of the war

The capturing of the Dumas mountains was considered pivotal to the operations on both sides of the war. It's defensible terrain and use as an easy way to bypass most defenses has made it strategically important.

However, both sides currently remain deadlocked, with imperial forces only able to force advancing Republicans into a deadlock within the Shiona valley. From here, the two sides ocasionally attempt to strike at each other, but only cause minor casualties.

However, the Republican forces were about to show the imperialists a new strategy.

One that would break the deadlock before sunrise.

-

Late into the night

A pair of imperial riflemen are talking while leaning against the wall, mainly about new situation they were in. These weren't standard members of the grimm rifles, but rather a corp of elite members specialising in long distance operations. The main discussion was over their new uniform

They didn't hate the uniforms per say, but they had to admit that the large hat, blue jacket and white pants were a bit eccentric for their tastes

little did these soldiers know, they were wearing uniform directly inspired by the other world. Zorzal had seen the uniform of soldiers used in the 1700s, and decided to model his own forces off of them, specifically the French uniforms of the 1810s. Not tactics-wise, mind you. Purely uniform-wise.

Meanwhile, the criminal clans of the empire were slowly gaining more traction. With zorzal busy focusing on the war, the syndicates had managed to increase their power without interference. Before the war, crime only controlled a single district of the capital. Now? They very damn well controlled most the entire outer western half of Telta's outer sections, while the aristocratic elite party within the central areas of The city and the venetian army occupied the outer eastern section.