Chapter 15: Operation Excalibur

October 17th, 2051

Deabis, saderan empire

Just east of the Marais forest, built next to the roma river, was the fortress city of deabis

Just east of the Marais forest, built next to the roma river, was the fortress city of deabis. The city was not just an important trade hub for the empire, but also a vital military position, as its position at the entrance to the river from the avion sea allowed the imperial navy to quickly deploy. However, this wouldn't save them today.

The capture of deabis was deemed vital to the British war plan. With the British planning to move through the Marais to reach Eastern sadera, the cities proximity to it would likely cause issues, especially with its large garrison. Thus, the plan was to Storm the fortress city, not only fully taking control of the entrance to the Marais, but cutting of the empire from the southern sea.

The Codename for the attack... Was operation excalibur

-

In the late hours of the day, a group of saderan soldiers patrolled the walls of deabis. Their loyalty to the empire was unwavering. However, they did feel as though they drew the short end of the stick: while other soldiers patrolled the fortress in the city center, they were stuck on the outer walls, and would likely be the first ones to be attacked if the British ever attempted to take the city. Even so, they were determined to ensure that didn't happen.

Unfortunately, they wouldn't even get the chance to do so.

After a few minutes, the soldiers began hearing a strange noise: almost as though something above them was rotating at extreme speeds. One of the soldiers, who had served in the Marais and remembered the noise, immediately booked it into the city. Before his fellow soldier could even respond...

An F-85B fighter jet flew over the city, bombarding the exterior walls with multiple missiles

An F-85B fighter jet flew over the city, bombarding the exterior walls with multiple missiles. The wall itself, as well as the soldiers walking along it, were reduced to rubble. However, the British were not the main attacking force for the operation: their main goal was to provide both artillery and air support to the saderan armed forces as they took the city themselves.