Chapter 22: Proxies In The East

November 19th, 2051

Eastern regions, falmart

A group of soldiers stand ready in the frozen forests of eastern falmart, a region known as the 'mistralian region', overlooking a small position on the outskirts of the woods. Within the outpost lies what looks to be a farmhouse with a small number of troops inside.

However, the uniform of these soldiers are nothing like those worn by current British and saderan Republic forces. These soldiers are dressed in green uniforms reminiscent of that from earth's 19th century, using the dreyse needle gun of the same era. Some soldiers also wore grey over coats

The Eastern regions were often regarded as the crown jewel of the empire: vast in riches and full of loyal citizens

The Eastern regions were often regarded as the crown jewel of the empire: vast in riches and full of loyal citizens. In reality, the region was a collection of states and duchys with varying degrees of loyalty, with the richer northern territories far more loyal than the south.

Upon the outbreak of the saderan civil war, unrest grew exponentially in the south, only growing further when the British and Republicans began supplying weapons to resistance groups. A large number of imperial troops were placed in the region to maintain order, causing a lack of troops on the front.

Tension rose further as members of the grim rifles were brought in, and the people of the south, tired of being exploited for their resources while northern territories were often autonomous in nature, began rioting in the streets.

This all came to a head when a large crowd gathered within the city-state of renzia, protesting outside the imperial barracks. The grim rifles, without hesitation, opened fire on the crowd, killing dozens of people and wounding many more

This was when the tensions exploded into pure violence, as revolutionaries began fighting the imperial army in the streets

Things became even better when zorzal ordered all imperial troops in the east to move to the front lines. With their only way of maintaining order gone, imperial control over the eastern territories broke down, as city states and duchys began fighting among each other.