Chapter 12: Situation And Strategy

September 26th

Bridgehead

Lucas ran through the bridgehead to reach his destination: the bridgehead command center. With the situation at hand, general Northington wanted to go over their current situation and strategy. And since Lucas was commander of the first recon team, it was only natural he acompany them.

When he arrived, he was shocked to see who was actually at this meeting: generals Northington and Webb were the obvious ones, alongside army commander hubert gales and pina co lada, who had requested the British train her own forces. However, one notable figure he didn't expect to see was johnothan 'pope' Clydes: the leader of the reapers, as well as caroline cordovin, commander of the rondel garrison.

 However, one notable figure he didn't expect to see was johnothan 'pope' Clydes: the leader of the reapers, as well as caroline cordovin, commander of the rondel garrison

"gentlemen" Northington started in his usual stoic tone "and your highness. As I'm sure your aware, zorzals coup and subsequent attack has complicated matters. I'm expecting you have some sort of Intel?"

"the duchess of rondel, kanegaru, sided with zorzal when the coup began" Caroline responded. "she had her forces lay siege to the base, but gales arrived in time to take back the city"

Pope then followed up "imperial forces have been trying to use guerrilla warfare against us, though it seems their soldiers are growing frustrated with their knew dog head Commanders. We've even turned one of them to our side"

The generals took this into consideration, then brought up a map. The map showed the current balance of power on the cotminent and it's surrounding islands

 The map showed the current balance of power on the cotminent and it's surrounding islands

"the blue signal us and those who ally with us, while red shows zorzals territory. The purple shows duranvoltes kingdom, who have claimed neurtrailty for now." the general explained.

Pina looked at the island of saunus, outlined in orange. It made sense to her: the sarkanys had always been loyal to the empire

The general then explained his plan. "we're going to slowly whittle them down. First, we'll keep them stalled at Marais to distract their forces. Keep the front occupied and distracted Then, we'll start a slow but steady grind: we'll send multiple forces in multiple directions and take city after city. With every city taken, that's less people and territory they can use. We'll also send a force to take the island of saunus. Once we've accomplished this, its likely their forces will be centralised in their capital at telta. When this happens, we'll launch a full assault on the city and take zorzal. Understood?"