2.49༊*·˚

Depuis le début

They waited a few minutes and Lynx didn't return.

"I hope he's not hitting on Mira," Baela joked.

"I don't think he knows how to talk about anything other than running," Bethan said, sniggering with Baela. "I do smell a new human, though. Should I check?"

"We'll come too."

Liam followed the werewolves from the room. He was nervous to see his old manager, Mira. She had been in such a state when he last saw her; he was scared she would get upset again and yell at him, or cry on him. Liam was awkward in most situations. He didn't do well with being cried on, unless it was Zayn, or a close friend.

Liam hadn't seen Mira since his last unsuccessful visit to the town. Before that, he hadn't seen her for a year and eight months. At least they would have a lot to talk about. They strolled past the entrance desk and through the small study room.

The door was closed which Baela seemed to dislike as she frowned and carefully turned the handle. As soon as daylight peeked in, she slammed it shut immediately.

"What is it?" Liam asked.

"I smell blood. Werewolf blood." Baela gripped Liam's shoulders hard enough for him to wince, but she didn't let him go and dragged him through the library with Bethan on their heels.

"We have to go," she announced bluntly, not stopping to let Liam wave bye to his friends.

"What about Lynx?" Liam asked as the entrance doors slid open.

"I smelt a lot of blood," Bethan whispered, and bumped into the back of Baela when she paused abruptly on the marble steps.

Three people stood on the path below. Liam didn't need to know the people to understand that they meant trouble. Their smiles were odd.

While their lips curled up, their eyes fuelled flames.

"What is happening?" Liam whispered. Baela pushed him behind her and Bethan.

"What do you want?" Baela asked confidently.

"They're werewolves," Bethan murmured to Liam, glancing nervously at the doors behind them.

"We want the boy," one guy said, putting his foot on the first step. "We'll kill your Omega if you don't give him to us."

Baela clenched her fists. "Why do you want Liam?"

"Alpha's orders."

Baela scowled. "Southern Alpha?"

"The Bedlam Alpha." The man took another step.

"Leave now. Give us back our Omega, and you won't get hurt" Baela stood tall. She stared hard, proud to protect Liam and proud to flaunt her status as the Ethdellin Pack Beta.

The man motioned his head and the other two people edged closer. "We won't leave without the boy."

"Then unfortunately, you're not leaving." Baela was one of the best fighters in her human form, and these werewolves were skinny, wore dirty rags, and had clearly barely trained in years. "You're obviously Rogues. You won't win."

"We're not Rogues!" he snapped. He had several missing teeth and dirt across his chin. "We are members of the Bedlam Pack!"

"You were right, Liam," Baela mumbled. "They recruited Rogues to spy."

Liam only had eyes for the empty road. If he had to run, he knew where he was going. But then he saw Mira walking down the street, clutching a bag with her head down to avoid the wind.

"Oh no," he breathed. "She can't come here now! She'll get hurt!"

Baela saw her too and tensed. "Leave now. Authorities will hear about this."