Chapter 44: Rainy Season

I: The Flowers Are Not Sleeping

Suguru: You can't expect this bastard to be a human being.

May to July was the rainy season in Japan.

It's early summer in Japan. The summer monsoon blown from the warm sea, carried a large amount of water vapor. The warm air mass and the cold air mass converge. Except for the Hokkaido area that was not affected, other areas on the island would be affected by the severe weather.

There seemed to be a big hole in the sky, and violent rainwater fell from the sky, flowing on the streets, and washing the filth into the sewers.

The air was moist and thick, and the fog was heavy.

Summer was a disaster-prone season in Japan. During the plum rain season, dark clouds cover the sky and continuous rain occurred. Excessive precipitation caused frequent floods. Excessive summer monsoons and rapidly changing weather conditions cause typhoons.

The frequent occurrence of natural disasters caused people to panic, and the overflow of negative emotions breeds cursed spirits.

Recently in small towns, some small cursed spirits could be seen hugging their knees, sitting on the wet ground, muttering, "Why doesn't it stop raining?"

Negative emotions of irritability and anxiety rushed over his face, and Yayoi tightened his grip on the umbrella handle.

The little cursed spirit was sitting under the eaves with its knees in its arms, its body and face distorted. It was constructed purely from negative emotions, extreme, stubborn, and twisted emotions. He muttered to himself, feeling aggrieved and lonely like a child. The curse it exuded was mixed with strong negative emotions, making Yayoi feel very uncomfortable.

On the last day of the rainy season in Saitama Prefecture, Satoru and Suguru ran to Yayoi's house soaked to the skin. They looked like they had just been fished out of the water.

They were soaked to the skin, and water was still dripping from the corners of their clothes, formed small puddles on the ground.

Floods were caused by excessive rainfall in the suburbs near Saitama Prefecture. The floods rolled down the mountains, picked up soil and sand, and turned into mudslides. The area affected by the disaster was quite large, and a considerable number of houses were swallowed up by the roaring rainwater. .

After the local disaster relief operations were completed, the sand on the mountain began to roll down frequently, and mixed with the falling rain, it became a new flood.

A nearby window detected that it was the cursed spirit that caused the new floods.

Exorcising the cursed spirit was actually not the most difficult part. The difficult part was the local people and the harsh climate. After all, two people could not control the natural climate. It rained for several days in a row, and the negative emotions among the people became more intense, so the two high school boys went to the mountains and countryside to exorcise the cursed spirits in the pouring rain. Their conscientiousness and responsibilities can be regarded as a model of labor.

After the mission was completed, because the mission location was not far from Yayoi's home and only two stations away, the local situation was not optimistic due to flooding, and a large area of infrastructure needed to be rebuilt. It was really not suitable for rest, so Satoru dragged Suguru, took the bus for two stops.