Chapter 37: Song Theory

I: The Flowers Are Not Sleeping

Chapter 37: Song Theory

I'm waiting for you here.

Yayoi woke up very early today, and the white furball was still sleeping under the quilt. When she woke up, most of his body was lying on her. No wonder she had a dream about ghosts pressing on her bed last night.

Yayoi quietly stuffed the furball into the bed and got out of bed to wash up.

Golden sunlight leaked into the dim room through the gaps in the curtains. The white cat lying on the bed shook his fluffy tail and buried his face impatiently in the quilt.

A few sparrows landed on the windowsill. The sparrows that came here to spend the winter seemed to be much bolder than other sparrows.

Most birds that lived in inhabited places would flap their wings without hesitation when they realize that humans were approaching, taking advantage of their ability to fly to stay away from the two-legged creatures that were much larger than them.

However, the sparrows that came to the window of Yayoi's room changed the habits of their predecessors. Since last winter, there was a little red feather in this room, and the sparrows often came to knock on the glass window of her room in the winter morning.

Winter was a cold season, and it's also a difficult season for animals to find food. The sparrows that could not find food would gather in groups in front of the window of Yayoi's room, knock on the glass window of her room, and make a crisp chirping sound to asked her for some food.

Heavy thuds sounded outside the window one after another.

Satoru was so annoyed in the cat's nest that he jumped out of the cat's nest with a 'meow', put his furry paws on the glass window, quickly opened the window, and meowed to the sparrow that woke him up from his sleep.

The sparrows were so frightened by him that they staggered around, flapped their wings and flew away, leaving behind a trail of dark feathers on the windowsill.

Yayoi happened to walk into the room and saw Satoru lying on the window sill with his furry white tail raised like a flag, meowing at the sparrows outside the window.

Yayoi ran to the window, stretched out her hand, passed through the armpits of the cat's front paws, and took the oversized cat down. The cat was obviously still angry, waved his paws at the sparrows running away outside the window and shouted a series of angry meows.

"Did they disturb you to sleep?" Yayoi hugged Gojo the Cat. The sparrows outside the window had fled away, but Satoru still looked angry.

The sleep time of Satoru was pitifully less than that of Tangerine. Tangerine seemed to be napping all day long, often lying on the wall with its eyes narrowed. However, Yayoi rarely saw Satoru napping, even cats need to spend a period of time preparing for sleepiness before falling asleep.

Gojo the Cat was different from Tangerine. In terms of daily living habits, Gojo the Cat was infinitely close to humans.

When Tangerine was adopted, Yayoi specially prepared a cat's nest, but Tangerine sniffed around the comfortable cat's nest and lost interest in the cat's nest, so it hid in a cardboard box in the corner of the room.

A cat was a creature that would only make a nest in a place that it thought was safe and comfortable. Forcing it to make a nest in a cat's nest would only be counterproductive.