Wine and Boyfriends

Start from the beginning

Can was in heaven. He had Sanem in his arms again and he couldn't believe it. As they turned in place, he could see the surprised faces of his co-workers, but smiled when he saw the knowing glances of both Cey Cey and Emre. The moment wouldn't last long but he intended to make the most of it.

Do you like dancing? he asked in her ear, as he bent his head, causing Sanem's eyes to flutter closed.

Her breath caught in her throat as she whispered, Yes, I love dancing. Can pulled her a little closer at that answer, causing her hands to move up further on his strong chest. She nearly swooned when she realized that her hand was now exactly over the place where his albatross tattoo was.

Can couldn't help himself when he felt her tiny hands rise on his chest and leaned in to smell her captivating fragrance and Sanem thought she heard him sigh when his beard tickled her neck.

They were both lost in the moment as they swayed in the warmth of the day, neither wanting it to end. But suddenly the music stopped and the moment was over.

They held each other for a second longer before letting go and looking into each other's eyes.

Smoothing down her gown, Sanem said, Thank you again Can for the rescue and the dance.

Leaning down slightly so she was the only one who heard him, he replied, Always, Sanem. I'll always come to your rescue.

Her head snapped up as their eyes met one more time, his piercing into her soul. She held her breath as he took her warm, soft hand in his and reverently kissed the back of it before walking away.

Leyla hurried to her, forcing her out of the magical moment, mumbling about Fabri needing everyone to gather. They exchanged knowing glances that promised an explanation later.

Deren was smiling as the rest of the staff moved towards the table she and Fabri had been standing at. Fabri gave Sanem another long look then announced that he had signed the contract and he was looking forward to working with them in the future.

Unfortunately, I have to return to Rome in a few days but I hope to see more of you before I do, he declared. Everyone clapped excitedly but Sanem knew he was looking right at her when he made the statement.

Mr. Fabri, I know my grandparents will be pleased to hear of this announcement. I'll call them as soon as I leave, Sanem said with a polite smile.

The group had started to disperse but Leyla, Deren and Sanem could see that Emre and Can were watching the whole thing, having a drink at a table near the rest of the staff but close by.

I'm sure they will be, as am I, Sanem. I also think they would have liked for us to spend more time talking about the collaboration, he said with that ever present smug smile.

Yes, well, Deren will be most helpful on that end. We seem to have concluded our business here tonight, Mr. Fabri, Sanem replied, holding her own against his advances.

Enzo, please. We are partners now. No need for such formalities, he answered, holding her steady gaze.

Mr. Fabri, I will get in touch with your accounting department in a few days to work out the details of the financial part of this collaboration, Leyla said, hoping to deflect some attention from her sister who was getting more than irritated. 

She knew Sanem could take care of herself but this man was relentless. She also noticed how Emre was holding Can back by the arm in an attempt to rein in his obvious anger.  They didn't need an outburst today. The dance snafu was enough drama for one evening.

Mr. Fabri, would you like to dance? Deren asked, also trying to separate him from Sanem.

No thank you, Ms. Deren, but I was going to try again to ask Sanem for one since my last attempt was thwarted by several people, he said as he moved closer to her.