The Sushi Connection

Another busy day at the Galeria Mall and Caitlin is at the Big Squeeze, slumped on the counter while she watches this couple make out at another table... until they fall off, not even breaking for air... and it's... bothering poor Caitlin for some reason. And at the moment, she's talking to Jen on the phone about it.

Caitlin: *sigh* "I thought once I got a job here, I'd have cute guys asking me out all the time."

Jen: *on the phone* "Caitlin, you already have Y/N for a boyfriend. Why do you wanna be asked out by other guys?"

Caitlin: "I know, but sometimes I just feel like I'm out of his league, I mean he's known you and Nikki for 10 years. I haven't even known him for half that long, I hate this stupid job."

She then gasps as she looks over and sees one particular guy chatting with his other friends.

Guy 1: "See you later, Kyle."

Guy 2: "Yeah, bye dude."

Caitlin: *gasp* "Oh no! *ducks down* Kyle's coming over."

Jen: "Kyle? "Hot Tennis Boy" Kyle? The one with the cute butt?" *realizes what she said* "Uh... I mean, the tennis guy?"

Caitlin: "Yes, what should I do?"

Jen: "I really think this is a bad idea, but just calm down and just be yourself around him. Pretend he's just another customer."

Caitlin: "Just another customer, okay. *stands up, looking away, then turns to see Kyle* Hi. Can I have you? *blushes, covering her face* Uh-uh, I mean...

Kyle: *chuckles* "Uh, yeah, I'll have my usual."

Caitlin: "As usual, but that's why you call it your usual, isn't it? That's a funny word "usual" don't you think?"

Kyle: "Uh, I'm kinda in a hurry."

Caitlin: "Coming right up." *gets to work on his usual, whispering to herself* "I'm such a loser."

She turns around, having a blushing smile and Kyle just smirks at her, giving her a wink. Caitlin loses her grip slightly and fumbles with the lemon juice-filled glass before putting it on the blender and turning it on... only to get splashed all over.

Caitlin: *while lemon juice is shooting in her face* "AGH! STOP! STOP!" *fumbles with the blendor buttons, trying to turn it off* "How do you get this thing to stop?!"

Eventually, she does turn it off, but the damage is already done, as now she and Kyle have been bathed in lemon juice. His smile... gone... now replaced with an annoyed look. And now... there he goes, a dissatisfied customer, leaving Caitlin to weep in defeat. And to make things worse... Jen heard the whole thing on call.

Jen: "Was that as bad as it sounded?"

Caitlin: *sobs uncontrollably through phone*

[timeskip]