• 54: Makeover •

On Thursday morning, Emery came over so she could do my makeup before school. I tried not to protest too much, as I volunteered myself for this, but it felt odd having foundation on my face. I wasn't used to it. As she added a little eyeshadow to my eyelids, Emery continued our conversation about my mother. I'd told her enough details to explain why I'd completely bailed on her last night, while trying not to get too in my head about it all and I was grateful that she was so understanding about it.

"I can't believe you have a little sister!" Emery exclaimed as she ran a brush along her makeup palette.

"Neither can I, to be honest," I replied.

"How did Mason take it when you told him?" she asked.

"He was really awesome about it. I mean, I was freaking out but he was so calm and kind," I explained. I saw Emery smile through my left eye, as I feel her brush across my closed right eye.

"I'm glad he's really good to you Charlie. You deserve it," Emery said cheerfully. "To be honest, you don't even need all this makeup, I'm just doing it because you're finally letting me. Mason's already yours."

"Yeah, but with the craziness that's going on, I'm scared that he'll think it's easier for him to date a less dramatic person – like Kayla. At least I can try to look pretty so that maybe it'll even it out or something," I mumbled. Emery probably knew that she couldn't convince me otherwise, so she continued applying the makeup to my face.

"And we're done!" Emery exclaimed after a few more minutes. She bounced back and grinned like a Cheshire cat. I stood up and walked over to the mirror, my eyes widening in shock as I caught a glimpse of my appearance. It wasn't an overload of makeup, considering it was a regular school day and not prom, but I looked like a very enhanced version of myself. I was surprised but I actually liked it.

"Em! I actually look pretty."

"You always do, but I'm glad you see it too," she smiled. I noticed my cheeks turn pink, and it wasn't the blush she has already put on my face. Immediately, I looked away from the mirror.

"Okay! So, clothes! What am I wearing?" I asked. Emery went into my closet and pulls out the skirt she had bought and stuck in my bag when we went to the mall a while back. I glower at her. "Hell no Emery; it's cold!"

"You asked me to give you a makeover!" Emery grinned.

"Okay, but it is winter, and that is flowery! Those don't match right?" I tried. Emery raises her eyebrows in shock.

"Charlie, my child. I'm so proud of you," she exclaimed. "The student surpasses the sensei."

"Oh shut up!" I laughed pushing her back to my closet. When Emery emerged she was holding up a bundle of clothing that looked rather unfamiliar. She shoved them into my hands.

"No arguments! Go put them on!" Emery squealed pushing towards my bathroom. "Oh, and a leather jacket so you don't get dress coded," Emery added, handing me a jacket. I quickly yanked on the light blue, high waist jeans and black corset top that she'd given me despite my hesitation. I guessed I'd bought it with her and never worn it. I pulled on the jacket as well and then looked into the mirror, audibly gasping. The outfit was edgy and cute.

"Em! When did I get boobies?" I yelled as I threw open the bathroom door.

Emery's laughter was contagious, as she starts cackling at my question. Her eyes lit up at the sight of me, and that calms her fit of giggles. "You've been hiding!" She teased.

I stuck my tongue out at her, though it really was true. Though I didn't necessarily hide under oversized sweatshirts, I hadn't been wearing the tightest fitting clothes either. Normally, I didn't think it was worth it to dress up but today, it felt good.

***

When we stepped into school, the hallways were busy with people getting to class and sticking things in their lockers. A few people's eyes widened when they noticed me and I blushed a little bit at their glances. My hand itched for my hair elastic.

"Nope. You're keeping your hair down today missy," Emery ordered beside me. She grinned at me in encouragement. "You look great, don't worry."

I smiled and nodded at her as we walked towards my locker. I saw Tiffany, Kayla, and Holly from across the hallway and watched as Tiffany's eyes narrowed as she gave me a once over. I smirked slightly in her direction and turned to face Emery.

"I wonder what she's got planned," I mumbled. Emery shrugged but the expression on her face told me she was scared it was going to be bad as well.

_____________

Author's Note: Charlie's makeover! What do we think?

Charlie's outfit inspo:

New chapter coming out next week! <3