"I'm trying to protect you, Kira."

"No," her voice trembled with unfiltered feelings. "I know you're ashamed of me. Although I can understand your situation, it would be reasonable for you to reject me.

"Don't start," I warned her.

"Why not? We both know you're self-centered, so please don't degrade me. This is too much for us to keep dancing around. If anyone is to blame for this, it's the moon goddess who paired us together. But trust me, I've endured more pain than a severed tie."

Struck by her boldness and the growing rage in her voice, I stood motionless.

Who said omegas were timid? They had to come and take a look at this one.

I felt my hands balled into fists from wanting to grab her face and kiss those bitter tears away so badly. The urge to simply push her up against the wall and give her a senseless fuck was too strong.

"Are you surprised?" She chuckled. It surprises me too, but I refuse to adopt the submissive Omega role you so desperately want. I am tired of your games and I deserve some respect."

"Hold up," I snapped. When I held up my hand to stop her, she raised a brow instead of running away in fear.

"You have to be careful with the words you say, no matter how furious you may be. You must respect me as your alpha and abide by the rules."

"I follow realistic rules and I beg you to break the bond because we can never be together, and for that, I'm going to marry my boyfriend."

I blurted out a curse, raving with fury. I grabbed her arm and pulled her in close, my lips just above her ear as I let out a sharp exhale through my nose.

"Never mention that again. I'll kill him if you do."

She looked at my fingers on her arm with wide eyes. I gripped her closer, my fingers itching to feel her smooth skin as the smell of her arousal blended with the anxiety in her scent.

Her body trembled against mine, sending shivers down my spine and igniting the wolf inside of me, but I refused to let go even as she struggled.

"Let me go, Alpha!" She sobbed as she struggled in vain to break free.

I firmly gripped her, refusing to let go of her until she submitted.

"You... you can't do that."

"Don't push me."

"Okay, I get it. I beg you to release me."

I reluctantly let her go from under my restraint. She stepped backward, her face displaying pure terror. Although I wasn't planning to kill anyone, she might as well push me to do it.

"I meant it when I said don't dare me."

She turned away and fled. I stared after her. "Damn it," I muttered to myself. Now I've succeeded in chasing her away and scaring the shit out of her.

Later that day, I attended the tribe meeting, which took place in CreekVille pack. Their alpha, Javier, aka mean piece of scat, made me feel uneasy on the day of the railway opening, so I was not too delighted about going.

I made sure I was dressed nicely and chose my best car from my collection because I knew Javier liked to brag. Although I didn't like to show off my wealth, I was socially conscious and gave arrogant people the respect they deserved.

When I arrived at Javier's pack, it appeared more modernistic than I'd remembered. They had skyscraper retail hubs, were expanding in science and technology, and were even getting more involved in real estate, which kind of impressed and made me jealous.

No aspect of my pack was lacking, but I still needed to upgrade. There was a tiny voice inside of me scolding me for unhealthy competition, but I ignored it. It was not like it was hurting anyone.

Leaving my car, I followed the other alphas to the community center. A few months shy of ninety, Jameson, the oldest alpha, seemed to need assistance with his movements, and I wondered why he hadn't handed his position over to his son.

We sat at round tables in the large room while I leaned back against the chair, listening to heated discussions and arguments between an alpha from my clan and another from the desert clan.

My clan's alpha was wrong, but confronting him in public would get me in hot water, so I did the smart thing and sat on the fence to wait for food.

My prayers were answered when waitresses came with trays of food to serve us. We had salads, mashed potatoes, steaks, and meatloaf in various combinations.

Feeling my stomach growl, I grinned as I started to eat.
After each person started to eat, the table became quiet.

After the break, Javier-who never missed an opportunity to exact revenge on me-put on a spectacle of award-winning stupidity.

"Alpha D'Angelo, tell me about the rumor that you brought in omegas to live with the rest of your pack?"

I took a slow sip of my drink and he cruelly enjoyed the strange looks I was getting from onlookers. I wanted to slap off the cruel smile on his face.

"Have you really done that?" Alpha Duncan asked. "I assumed it to be gossip."

They began talking at once, saying it was a stupid thing to do. I tensed up as I devised strategies to pay back Javier.

"Crucify me, but it is my pack, and I make the decisions. It's not a big deal; I just gave them a place to live. Also, my crime is not as great as that of a certain Mr. who claimed his wolf had eaten $10 million in missing funds from his budget.

Everyone threw back their heads and started laughing as soon as I said that. Javier's face dropped, and I sighed with deep, satisfying satisfaction.