Ch. 33 - What do you mean Sabo's not up here!? (Final part?)

Sabo and Ace's turn to have the spotlight!

'Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah-' BOOM

Jumping up Sabo ran outside, Coffee long forgotten in favor of finding out what just happened. Already knowing Marco was on his way too from the blue flames behind him. That had sounded like a scream and an explosion.

Was someone hurt? Did someone attack??? Sphinx's location shouldn't be known!

Finding smoke rising not far from Marco's home, Sabo quickly took a fighting stance as he saw silhouettes moving inside.

"-amnit Ace!!!! Why would you just make us drop like that!!!"

"We made it, didn't we! Hahahah"

That voice- his fighting stance dropped slightly as he heard a voice he vaguely recognized, only a bit squeaker in his memory.

It didn't take long for the dust to settle and two figures appeared, only one of them catching his attention. He looked exactly like in the newspapers, like on his wanted poster.

"Ace-"

Ace. His very own big brother who he was never able to meet in person as adult looked him straight in the eye, the smile getting a feral edge.

Tears and a smile were both coming to his face. That grin and those freckles looked exactly like how he now pictured his little brother from his regained memories of his childhood. "Ace-" Though... he should have remembered that was his 'I-am-going-to-murder-someone-grin.' but who could blame him? He was just so happy, confused, emotional, everything at once to get a chance to see his big brother alive.

As Ace had stepped towards him, he raised his arms for a hug he so longed so, dropping guard in favour of getting just that.... which lead to him being punched straight in the face without any form of defence.

"YOU FUCKING DIPSHIT!"

WHAM!

Ah... He got stronger. So much stronger.

"YOU. FUCKING. SHIT."

He's still the same as back then.

"I WAS LOOKING FOR YOU EVERYWHERE UP THERE!!!!"

Oh- Ace was looking for him? That's so cute.

Even whilst being punched after every word, Sabo managed to pull his gaze to Ace's arm to see the crossed out S. Marco had told him about it, that it was important to the raven yet he never disclosed what it was for. Only when Marco met Sabo at Ace's grave, did he figure it out. Ofcourse Sabo knew immediately, their pirate flag. His big brother had carried him with him through all his adventures.

He always knew Ace really loved him even if he had a hard time showing it, but this really confirmed everything. That their brotherhood would go even passed death and they would always stay together at heart. It was also cute. Everyone probably thought Ace was an idiot for misspelling his name when actually he was carrying his memento.

"DON'T IGNORE ME!! YOU NAPKIN WEARING ASSHOLE!!"

This snapped him out of it, realising his whole face is already throbbing. He knew his big brother was feral, but why is he beating him up like this! One hit okay, he understood, but this is overreacting! And besides...

"IT'S A CRAVAT!!"

"IT'S A NAPKIN!!" Ace countered with another hit to his face before the freckled hand grabbed it and rubbed it over his face, "LOOK HOW GOOD IT IS AT ABSORBING YOUR BLOOD! CLEARLY. A. NAPKIN!" The raven screamed and with every word did a harsh rub over his face.