Ch.14 - You let WHO on the ship?! (Intruder - Part 2)

A sequel to Intruder (Christmas-fic) which I never even thought would exist... But I'm so happy myself that it does.

I essentially, after all this time, got a comment on the other story which gave me this idea and here we are!

@RiverPhoenix247 - Your comment on the 'Intruder' story some days ago sparked my brain to write this. Even if you didn't ask for any story or updates on it... well... I hope you also enjoy this one!

A loud heart-clenching wail was heard from inside the ship, followed by desperate cries. The commanders on deck were instantly alert and running inside, it was coming from the commander's corner!

Focusing his haki, the first commanders quickly realised there was a presence in their fourth commander's room. Fearing the worst, he turned his arms to wings and practically flew through the ship. Why was everything so far away when you needed to get there!

He kicked open the door and was greeted by a horrible sight. The whole room was in absolute chaos. Books and trinkets that were normally neatly... scratch that last word, just stacked, on shelves, were thrown all over the floor, ink pots and pens scattered on and around the desk, the night stand was thrown over and the bed was in disarray. In between the mess was their chef, back facing the door and kneeling while bend over, seeming to be clutching at his heart.

"Thatch-yoi!" Marco called out full of worry and dropped to his best friend's side. Thatch's name was called over and over followed by gasps as more commanders made it to the door. The first commander felt how the area heated up, a clear sign their youngest had arrived and was furious, probably already plotting to kill whoever hurt the chef. Not that he wasn't doing that himself too, but right now getting Thatch help was his main priority.

"Talk to me, what happened!? Are you hurt, Thatch?!" He couldn't see any visible wounds with the way the other was bend over but he was trembling and he swore he saw a tear fall just now so it had to be bad. While mostly in the kitchen, Thatch was a strong commander, to get him like this something serious must have happened.

The one on the floor didn't instantly react and it made Ace step inside, flames flickering off his shoulders. "Who hurt you, Thatch! I'll kill them!"

Choked out murmurs came from the man on the ground, only worrying everyone else more. Marco was two seconds away from calling the nurses and sending the rest away to look for intruders when Thatch finally looked up, face full of tears and snot as he clutched to ... a magazine?

Still, the situation was worrisome. "Thatch," Marco placed his hands on his shoulders, holding onto him, "what happened, please, are you okay-yoi?"

A shuttering breath later, Thatch dropped the magazine and hugged onto Marco, "I-I-", his voice broke as he tried to speak and even needing to re-start a few times, making everyone alert to finally know who they'll need to hunt after, after which he was finally able to yell out what happened. "I was- I was-... I was robbed!"

The room was dead silent, "What... What do you mean, Thatch? Are you... are you not hurt?", one of the ones at the door asked a bit stunned.

"I am hurt! My most prised possessions! Gone! All gone except for this one!" He cried as he let go of Marco, picking up the magazine.

Ace eeped when he saw the cover picture, his head exploding into flames as he turned away, while Marco was quickly losing patience now that he knew the man was okay AND said priced possession seemed to be a book about girls with... melons.... big melons.... and ... other things he's not interested in. He's got Ace, and he looks far better down there than any of th- WAIT that's not what this is about!