Ch.25 - You're not Whitebeard (Part 10)

More people wanted to see Garp than I thought! For sure thought Shanks would be the favourite!
Thank you for all the comments, suggestions, everything! And sorry for the wait! Here is the second to last chapter!
Also... this went so many places with Garp coming onboard... I hope it doesn't get too confusing.

"What's with mister coaster collector?"

Thatch blinked, looking briefly at the teen on his counter before focusing on the current batch of prune juice he was making, "... I am assuming you mean Marco?"

"Duh, does anyone else collects coasters here?"

"Well, we are with quiet a lot of people so there's a chance tha- don't you throw fire at me!"

"You're being stupid."

Patting out the fire on his shoulder, there goes another shirt, he simply continued, "How do you even know he collects coasters?"

"I know everything about him."

"Well........." Thatch swallowed, "not creepy at all....."

"So?"

"So?"

"What's with him?" Ace questioned, genuine concern actually shining through, "He hasn't been shooing me away from his ceiling these past few days."

Okay... now that required him to look at the teen again. "You're still in there?"

"Ofcourse, why wouldn't I be up there?"

"To give him privacy??? What if he's changing?! Or- or like doing other stuff! You watch him all the time???" Maybe he did need to apologize to Marco for laughing at his predicament because he wouldn't want someone watching when he... unless it was a pretty girl... but Ace isn't a pretty girl... Handsome, yes, but no- HE'S NOT GAY! .... he just recognizes that Ace is handsome. That's all... maybe a little cute... anyway!!!!! "Someone is coming to visit."

"Someone?... Who's someone?" Ace squinted his eyes before gasping and slamming a fist into his hand, "He's nervous because his partner in crime is coming to collect his share of the inheritance, but now I am here to stop them!"

"ye- wait what???? No! Where did you even get all of that from???? Just someone who Marco doesn't like is visiting. He always gives Pops sake too when he isn't supposed to drink."

Ace who had jumped up from the counter in his 'eureka-moment' wasn't listening anymore and simply waved the chef off. "Yea yea yea, I got him!" he laughed brightly, "I'm so good at this detective work haha! Man, the Spades are going to be so excited for some action too!"

"Action?"

"Yea! We're going to beat them up when they try to take anything!"

Ace is going to beat up Shanks? He snorted going back to the juice, "Goodluck. I'm sure you can do it."

Not noticing that those words may have been sarcastic, the freckled teen smiled brightly "Thanks Thatch! I'm using the meeting room with the Spades! Don't listen in!"

"We won't, we won't..." He replied but the teen was already running off. A real spit-fire that one is.

----------

"Tell me the truth," Ace squinted his eyes, standing on his tippy toes to be eye to eye with the other. "Now."