Chapter 53

~ Loki's POV ~

She was panicking, eyes darting around and flinching at unseen movements. Her gaze locked with something behind me.

I followed her line of sight but found nothing.

"Momma?" she whispered, fear evident in her eyes.

She stood up slowly, and I followed, my arm behind her back in case she faltered.

"No, no, get away from her!" she shouted, stumbling forward.

Lilly covered her mouth, tears welling up at the sight of her sister. Thor wrapped his arm around Lilly's shoulder, attempting to soothe her.

"No!" (y/n) shouted.

Suddenly, she dropped unconscious, and I swiftly wrapped my arms around her, catching her.

Oh, my sweet girl.

Lifting her, I gently placed her back on the bed.

"What was that?" Thor inquired.

"It's getting worse," Lilly said.

"I don't think so... it's something deeper," I remarked, covering my woman with a blanket.

"Who did this to her?" Lilly demanded, anger sparking within her.

Turning to face her, I replied, "Wanda."

Before anyone could utter another word, Lilly, using her vampire speed, vanished from the cell, disappearing from view in less than a second.

"Why did you tell her?" Thor questioned.

"She needed to know," I stated.

"Loki, she is as revengeful and dangerous as her sister," Thor warned.

"So am I," I replied before teleporting.

I materialized where Lilly was in the common area, a sword in her hand.

"In the name of Valhalla, where's everyone?" she demanded.

Thor's heavy footsteps joined us as Lilly looked ready to explode.

"Friday, track Stark's suit. Where the hell are they?" she screamed at the AI.

"Tracking Mark 46... Germany, Halle Airport," the AI responded.

Lilly's breaths grew heavy, and she shouted in pure anger, throwing her sword, its clang echoing on the floor.

"Lilly, calm down," I said soothingly.

"You wouldn't be calm if it was your brother!" she snapped at me.

Not uttering a word, for I knew she was right, Thor approached her, gently placing his hands on her shoulders and turning her to face him.

"We'll figure it out. Don't worry," he reassured.

Her glossy hazel eyes locked with my brother's blue ones, and her features betrayed the imminent tears. Nodding, Thor pulled her into his embrace.

Leaving them, I returned to the cell. She was starting to wake up.

Her exhausted eyes met mine.

"I told you to help me... why did you put me to sleep again?" she questioned, her hand rubbing her temple.

"What?" I said, genuinely confused.

"What?... You used a sleeping spell," she said, mirroring my confusion.

"I... didn't," I replied.

"Stop messing around, Loki," she said.

"I swear to you I'm not," I asserted, entering the cell.