Chapter 16(V2): Oracle

If one had taken a time machine and gone back in time to meet a young Christian Ddraig and informed him that he would have a fun afternoon with Pyrrha Ulster of all people, he would have first laughed in their face before striking them in the face and yet here he was.

After taking care of the thugs in the alleyway,  they proceeded to go about town and just explore. They passed through the streets, the docks, the grand library, it's museum and they even ate at a low restaurant which might not serve best meals but it was hearty and satisfying.

Finally they arrived at a district within the city filled with multiple bars which were all nearly overflowing with people who he assumed were men and women that would soon be boarding the warships in the dock and sent to fight their treasonous fellows down south. They were drinking and making merriment as if these were their last days amongst the living. Chris could see some who had set up dancing areas with bands that sang so furiously that beads of sweat wetted their heads.

Chris and Pyrrha had only planned to observe the gathering and understand the general mood of the men and women of Hephatan. Unfortunately the beer was on the house and whislt possing as fellow drafts, they would look strange if they refused to join in the drunken merriment that had taken everyone.

The two of them tried to lessen how much alcohol they consumed, regardless of how disgusting he found it. It helped them mingle in and the more hours that they spent from one group to another taught Chris that the people were generally not enthusiastic about fighting their brethren, and some even had conspiracies that the attack a week ago had been orchestrated by Avalon or even the High Council's government.

After three hours of this and finally feeling the alcohol taking affect on his brain, Chris was ready to call it quits and to return home. But when he went to get Pyrrha, he realised much to his horror that she was more intoxicated than he was and the giggling elf dragged him to the dance floor.

He tried to argue against her, but Pyrrha was adamant and she had already began dancing in an enthralling rythmic dance. He reluctantly joined her and soon lost himself to the joy and heat which was shared by every man and woman dancing around them.

More alcohol was drunk and closer did the two come together as they danced faster and faster. Their laughter and energy was at an all time high when Pyrrha leaned forward and locked her lips with his own. It was not a simple pecking of lips, but rather a deep aggressive kiss which drew a few cheers of encouragement and congratulations from the other patrons of the bar.

Chris paid them no mind as he focused entirely on the person infront of him. He was caught off guard by kiss and he was unsure of what to think, but then something within his heart broke free and he returned her kiss with one of his own.

Oh how his younger self would have committed suicide if he was shown the lust filled tongue exploration which his future self wholeheartedly shared with the bane of his childhood. And this was the last thing that Chris's alcohol infused mind remembered, either he had instantly fallen unconscious there and then or he was so drunk that some parts of his memories afterwards had sunk deep into his subconscious.

Now he awoke upon a bed of snow, unsure of how he gotten there and wondering where here truly was. He only had to look at the crater not a few meters away for him and within it was an obsidian crystal the size of a full grown man. It was the source of his nightmares for the past few days and Chris was at an end with it.

He slowly rose to his feet and looking around he could see a blizzard around himself and the crater with the silent observers hidden within it. Over the past few days he wondered if they were prisoners or his tormentors in this dark place. He wrapped his arms around himself and he quickly rubbed his body to heat himself up from the stinging blizzard winds which beat his flesh.