Chapter 3: The Empire

Avalon might be the jewel of the south of Jord, but to the north another jewel rules supreme, the Lunar empire. This great state lays claim to near all of the Dál-Ligan continent with their only neighbours being the south eastern kingdom of Luperon. More a loyal puppet than an actual equal ally.

The land bridge called the Serpents Way acted as a unifier with their new Avalonian neighbours in the south. A few within the empire had been panicked by the events of two years ago, when their universe had seemingly ended and they found themselves on this alien world with new neighbours and old foes.

Avalon over all others had drawn the most fear from many. There were those who hoped to gain the new superpower as an ally, whilst others feared that it would side with their over two thousand year old enemy, the Ocean Lords.

Juno Freya didn't think much of their new southern neighbours, all that mattered to her were the said Ocean Lords and their traitorous allies. Just because they had all almost died two years ago, didn't mean that the great war had reduced in its intensity.

If anything the chaos and confusion caused by their homes being brought to this foreign planet had added new dimensions to this war. The new geography had left once unreachable fortresses exposed and added new potential allies.

The young female fae continued to walk through the corridors of the great tower of Mor-armag. The silence of the empty corridor, being filled by the giggling of her silver and blue armor, as plate and mail rubbed against each other.

Though she would come across a few of her fellow Kastoran core soldiers, those who were blessed by the emperor with greater strengths than others. She had once heard some fool calling Avalonian Knights their equivalent and equals, absolute nonsense if you asked her. Even the lower Durian troops were greater than those southern fools.

But that did not matter now, she had a mission and it would be carried out efficiently. Juno smiled as she thought about the fact that the mistress had spoken to her of all the attendants and given her this mission.

The euphoric glee that rushed through her was enough to almost make her giggle.

She kept walking until she reached the end of the corridor, at this was a door with blue arcane symbols etched into the marble white doorframe. The door itself led to a room that was filled with a hazy blue smoke.

Though the smoke was extremely thick, it did not exit the door and enter the corridor, it merely floated around. Juno took in a deep breath before she stepped forward through the door and as the smoke enveloped her, she felt a sensation that was like a surge of electricity running across her skin and tickling her spine.

She knew the sensation was the smoke making her one with its substance, her flesh being transmuted as she was moved alongside the smoke across the entire tower system until she reached where she desired to go.

It had taken no more than twenty seconds before she felt the electric sensation cease, a sign that she had arrived where she needed to go. And so she stopped forward, unable to see truly were she wanted to go, but she managed to stepped out of the smoke and into another room, her body returned to flesh and blood, though she still felt a drowsiness that forced her to stand still in order to regain her bearing.

"Someone needs to develop a damn elevator for this thing, I can't stand..." she complained, though she stopped herself as her stomach tried to evict her lunch and much to her disgust, Juno had to force it back down.

A sudden wild burst of cheers almost made her jump out of her skin and reach for the bone wristband wrapped around her right arm.

Looking forward she realized were she was, this rooms walls were filled with racks that held all manner of weapons and pieces of armor on them. At its heart could be found elevated platforms, upon which warriors would test their mettle.