Chapter 18: Ddraig In Our Blood

Chris took in a deep breath as he prepared his strained nerves for the monumental task of meeting with his sister, it would have been so easy action, but Dolton's words danced around his mind like a motivated fly.

No matter how much he tried to push that conversation to the back of his mind, they were like chains tightly wrapped around his body and weighing him down every action that he took.

"Can't really push this off for long," he thought as his fingers brushed across the cold steel handle.

His hand lingered on it far longer than normal and he could see the looks of confusion painted upon Hamanymu and Ursa's faces. The only one who understood the source of his hesitation and discomfort was the spy in disguise, and much to the prince's frustration, Dolton's face was an emotionless block.

No look of encouragement or even confusion passed the Fae's facial features. Chris bit back a curse that threatened to escape his lips and shower the Paladin in verbal resentment.

"I should have never agreed to come here, there was nothing wrong with Anabia," he thought as he pushed the door open and they walked into the room.

"We can't just sit here and wait forever. We have right where we want it, let us strike now while we have a chance!" a human woman's voice was the first thing that met Chris's ears.

The woman's frustration was as evident in her voice as it was upon her face and the very energy that rolled off her body. For to emphasise her words, she slammed her fist into the nearest wall hard enough to leave a imprint of her fist in the solid stone wall.

Judging by the portraits which lined the offices wall, Chris could surmise that she was most likely the Imparetor of this garrison. Though her extravagant  gold version of the Asikari armor might have given that idea away.

"Please, Mabele. No one is asking you to sit here and do nothing," he heard Ishtar utter, her voice sounding exhausted.

"Then why aren't we attacking?. We can't just wait for the crown and the other garrisons to come here when that ship could know that we have it entrapped and it will flee!" the Imperator continued arguing with a fervent burning within her.

"Because we have been ordered to stay our hand and observe until adequate reinforcements arrive," Ishtar's voice had now lost its last remaining remnants of calmness and she now stood tall to look the Imparetor in the eye. "Don't forget just how much energy we have scanned off that thing, if we attack now and we find that it can weaponize that power, then we die and...."

Ishtar paused and she turned to look at the open door where Chris stood in awkward silence. Looking at her now reminded him of how long ago it had been since he had seen, as the young woman who stood before him was completely different from the one that he thought he remembered.

They shared the same golden eyes and sky blue hair, though she had the golden markings of their half Fae heritage upon her face. Her crown had two cow like horns and her armour in its vibrant gold and red strike an image which told all that this was the crown princess of Avalon.

But the blurry image of the Ishtar that was in his mind was completely different from the young woman who he was looking at, it was like looking a complete stranger who reminded you of something familiar.

"Christian," she whispered out in suprise.

"Sister," he responded with a short bow, one that Ursa, Hamanymu and Dolton emulated as well.

"Your highness, welcome to Mistgurd," the Imparetor said.

"I thank you for your welcome, Imperator," Chris responded.