Broadway Junction Subway Station Men's Room

I recall the times I entered Broadway-Junction men's restroom on the street level in Brooklyn, NY; near the Queens-bound (A, C) subway station platform. At that moment, the men's room had low partitions and no doors in front of the toilet stalls. Some men were bold or eager enough to sit on the exposed toilets and do their business. The restrooms are still on the street level, but now the men's and women's restrooms have switched sides. The men's room is now near the platform for the Manhattan-bound (A, C) trains. The restroom was relatively tame, as far as I know, even though it was in or near the Ocean Hill neighborhood of Brooklyn. This area is east of Bedford-Stuyvesant, north of Brownsville and west of East New York. The restroom was also near to the transit police station. I recall seeing a young boy sitting on one of the toilets and a woman who had to urinate urgently, because the ladies' room was not working, with her pants partially lowered, relieving herself in front of men in the restroom, while she joked and laughed with us.

Over the years, the restroom's interior changed. Doors were added to the stalls, but they had problems. The doors did not latch properly and swung outward. Sometimes, people would open the stall door intentionally or unintentionally, exposing someone who was sitting on the toilet and using the bathroom.

The men's room currently has a single handicap toilet stall and a sink. The station used to be called Broadway-East New York for the A and C lines, Eastern Parkway for the J, K and Z lines, and Broadway Junction for the LL to L transfer.