first day

september 4th, 2023
third pov

mattheo woke up when his alarm started to play rolling over to shut if off. he opened his eyes seeing zara was gone. he looked over seeing a note was on the book he was reading. he picked it up n it read.

"i knew you wouldn't actually wake me up early enough, so i just left after you fell asleep, sorry. i'm not sure if you have my number so imma give it to you xxx-xxx-xxxx text me!"

mattheo grabbed his phone adding zara in as a contact and sending her a text.

zara

mattheo
hey

zara
yo
who this?

mattheo
uh mattheo?

zara
oh right yeah

mattheo
so last night was fun

zara
mhm yeah

mattheo
i would of woken you up

zara
now mattheo bffr
we all know
u just woke up

mattheo
okay true

zara
yeah i like to
wake up early
before class

mattheo
this is early!

zara
class starts in
an hour no
it's not 💀

mattheo
okay fine are
u in the great hall?

zara
no i skipped breakfast

mattheo
oh okay where are you?
read at 8:13am

★★★

zara was at her spot in the forbidden forest drawing the pond before classes start. the girls didn't question her why she wasn't in the dorm when they came back from theo's and she was thankful for it. she didn't regret what happened last night she just didn't want to think more on it.

after drawing some more she decided it was best she made her way back to the castle so she wasn't late for class. she had potions first which she actually enjoyed. snape was a family friend so he was always keeping an eye out for the william trio.

as zara walked through the forest she heard shuffling come from behind her. that made her quicken her pace and take notice of her surroundings. she felt a presence come up behind her.

"and what are you doing here?" a familiar voice said which made zara let out a breath before stepping away and turning back to face them.

"i could ask you the same riddle."

"i asked first williams." mattheo said smirking with his hands in his pockets.

"i like being in nature."

"but the forbidden forest? it literally has forbidden in the title." he questioned looking at zara curiously as she just shrugged her shoulders.