XVII

It didn't feel like christmas to Celine Marie knowing that her hot tub video had gone viral, but of course, Jessie knew exactly what to do and anonymously emailed instagram to have them take the videos down under child pornography laws. Girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. It's definitely been a strange year all around. "Okay, you're all set," Jessie said, handing back Celine's phone.

"I guess I should change my background." Celine Marie sighed. It was a photo of her and Walker cuddling. "You could. Or you could talk to him" Jessie said.

New year's eve, a time for resolutions. Celine Marie's life was a mess, but... She could just clean her room.
"Hey" Rodrigo said as he entered the room. "Let's go for a drive," Her father suggested.

💌💌💌💌

"There it is, right there," Rodrigo said, playing one of the songs on the jukebox. They had gone to the local diner. The song in question was 'Everybody wants to rule the world' by Tears for Fears. "Your mother and I used to come here all the time when we were dating." Rodrigo said.

"Really? I didn't know that." Celine Marie said. "She would always play this song. Then as soon as it was over, she'd play it again. Y'know what else she'd do? Get up and start dancing in the aisles, right where everyone was eating. I was so embarrassed, but.. I was also in awe of her." Rodrigo reminisced, "I think back, and I think 'Man, I should've been dancing with her.' Look at this." Rodrigo handed his daughter a picture of her mother dancing in that very diner.

"Wow this place has not changed at all," Celine Marie said. "There's so much about her I should've told you girls, but I haven't because talking about her makes me sad." Rodrigo said solemnly. "It's okay," Celine Marie said. "It's not okay. I've relied on you and Jessie too much, I know I have. You're 16. You don't have to be an adult yet. That's why I was so happy when I saw you and Walker." Rodrigo said.

"I don't want to talk about Walker right now," Celine Marie said. "Walker who?" Rodrigo said. "Really?" Celine Marie asked. "I don't know what happened with you two, but I know how you opened up when he was around. Not with us, 'cause you've always been like that with us, but to the world. Seeing you come alive like that, you remind me of her." Rodrigo said, "Just don't hide that part of yourself, okay, honey?"

Celine Marie nodded. "Dad, I really miss her." Celine Marie said, voice cracking. "I know you do," Rodrigo said.

"Can I borrow a quarter?" Celine Marie asked. "Yeah," He flicked the coin to her. She caught it and put it in the jukebox. She then played the song.

💌💌💌💌

"Well like, I didn't hear anything about it, though." James said as they walked through the school hallway. "The Debate Society's New Year's Eve nitrous oxide scandal knocked it out of top spot." Ali said. "Okay, so that's good news, right? I'm officially back to being invisible." Celine Marie said. The three all got quiet when they approached.

People were crowded Celine's locker and cackling. There was a paper taped on it with a screenshot of her and Walker in the hot tub.

The words 'ITS ALWAYS THE ONES YOU NEVER EXPECT' written in sharpie.

Ali quickly grabbed and crumpled the paper. Celine Marie quickly ran off, suddenly feeling everyone's eyes on her.

"Woah, whoa. Hey, hey, what's going on?" Walker said as he passed her in the hall. "You didn't even try to defend me? You just let everyone praise you? I bet you're just happy the video leaked." Celine Marie told him. "You gonna do something about this?" Ali said handing him the paper and running after her best friend.

"Hey everyone, listen up! Not that it's anyone's business, but nothing happened in the hot tub. If I hear anyone talking about Celine Marie or that video, I'm gonna kick all of your asses. You understand?" Walker said to everyone in the hall. He then ran after Celine Marie. "Celine, I am really sorry about everything. If I knew who did this-," Walker was cut off.

"I know who did it. So should you." Celine Marie said. "Yeah, okay. Just let me talk to her, okay?" Walker said. "No. This is a fight I have to handle myself." Celine Marie said.

Celine Marie barged into the girls bathroom and saw Jenny. Perfect, exactly who she was looking for. "I know you posted that video Jenny." Celine Marie said. "Nope, wasn't me." Jenny said. "You know, it's bad enough if a guy were to do this, but the fact that a girl did? That's despicable." Celine Marie said.

"Yeah, like I said, I didn't do it. I'm glad someone did, though. Finally, everyone is gonna see who you really are." Jenny said. "What are you talking about?" Celine Marie said. "Walker! He is not as confident as he pretends to be. I am not as tough as I pretend to be. And you, Celine Marie Martinez, You are not as innocent as you pretend to be. Because you kissed the boy that I liked!" Jenny said.

"Jenny, you guys were broken up." Celine Marie said. "No, no, before, before we even dated!" Jenny said. "Are you talking about middle school?" Celine Marie asked. "You knew that I liked him, and you kissed him anyway." Jenny said.

"It was spin the bottle, you psycho! And it was tongueless!" Celine Marie said. "Okay, well it wasn't tongueless to me!" Jenny said. Then she stormed out.

Celine Marie always thought no one was paying attention to what she was doing, that the only drama in my life was in my head. But it turns out that she wasn't as invisible as she thought.

Guys i'm in the car rn going on a ski trip. how ironic☠️
not edited

 how ironic☠️not edited