XVI

"Tell us about Scotland!" Aliah said. The three sister were currently baking cookies. "Okay. Well, even when it's freezing, Scottish girls still wear short shorts and high heels when we go out the the bars and stuff." Jessie said. "You go to bars?" Aliah asked. Celine Marie had been silent the whole time.

"Everyone does. The legal drinking age is 18 over there, and since I'm 18 in a few months, nobody cares if I do," Jessie said. "You drink? Who is she?" Aliah said. "She's Jessie," Celine Marie said.

"Are you going to invite Caleb over for dinner?" Aliah asked. "Why don't we make it a girls night," Jessie asked. "Plus dad" Aliah said. "Plus dad. Just family," Jessie said.

"Guess that means you cant invite Walker," Aliah told Celine Marie. "Walker?" Jessie asked. Before anyone could say anything, there was a knock at the door. "I'd better go get that." Celine Marie said, excusing herself.

She opened the door and was met by a blond boy. "Hey. We need to talk." Walker said. "Not here." Celine Marie said. She walked out and stood outside with him.

"Just so you know, nothing happened between me and Jenny last night," Walker said. "What happened was that you went to her room in the first place," Celine Marie said. "Look, Jenny and I dated for a long time. Those feelings aren't just gonna go away, we have history" Walker said. "I'm tired of being second best or fake best." Celine Marie said.

"No, you don't get it. Last night-" Walker was cut off. "Last night, was a mistake. Physical stuff might not be a big deal to you, but it is to me." Celine Marie said. "Who says it's not a big deal to me?" Walker said.

"Says every single guy in the bus! Clapping and praising you like a god and you're just eating it up." Celine Marie said. "Okay, look, I.." Walker was cut off again. "Walker, just leave." Celine Marie said. "Can we go inside and talk?" Walker asked.

"She asked you to leave, buddy." A voice said. "Caleb, I'm fine. Go back inside." Celine Marie said. "No, it's alright." Caleb said. "No,no. Are you serious right now?" Walker asked incredulously.

"This isn't about Jenny and me, it's about you and Caleb!" Walker said, "Are you kidding me? This is the reason you broke up with me? You're still in love with this Bon Iver wannabe?"

"If Celine Marie broke up with you, it's because she's coming to the life altering revelation that she's too good for you!" Caleb said. "You're in love with Caleb?" Jessie asked. How long had she been standing there? "Jessie no.." Celine Marie said running after the older girl. Jessie shut the front door before Celine Marie could come in. "Walker, go home!" Celine Marie shouted.

"You were never second best." Walker said before walking off. "I didn't know she was home yet. " Caleb said. "Yeah, she finished her exams early. It was a surprise." Celine Marie said. Caleb walked home.

"Guess I'll order a pizza," Aliah said walking inside leaving Celine Marie standing by herself in the cold.

💌💌💌💌

Celine Marie was laying on her bed, thinking. She began throwing all her books in a cardboard box. She ran to her desk and grabbed the contract. She teared it into pieces. Suddenly she got a notification from her phone.

Picking it up, she saw message from Ali. When she opened it, she saw a text that read 'IS THIS YOU??' Following a video attachment. The video was of her and Walker kissing in the hot tub. Someone had taken a video. She let out a scream and threw her phone onto the ground and jumped onto her bed.

"I'm busy," Jessie said when she saw Celine Marie knock on her door. "Jessie, please. I need your help." Celine Marie said.

"Well... you're completely covered up and we can only see your back." Jessie said. Of course Jessie caved and helped her younger sister. "If you hadn't been tagged, it could be anybody. Really, it's worse for Walker than it is for you." Jessie said.
"It's never worse for the guys." Celine Marie said.

"How did I let this happen? I'm so stupid." Celine Marie groaned, flopping onto her bed. "Hey... CM, we are gonna fix this. Come on." Jessie said, pulling the girl up by the arms to sit up.

"I know you're only nice to me because you feel bad for me." Celine Marie said to her older sister. "I do feel bad for you. But I also don't understand why you didn't tell me all this was happening in the first place." Jessie said. "I thought you were going to hate me," Celine Marie said. "I could never hate you, Celine Marie," Jessie said.

"But when I heard what Walker said, I thought you were trying to date Caleb now or something." Jessie said. "Jessie, how could you think I would do that to you? You're my sister." Celine Marie said. "You wouldn't even facetime me, what am I supposed to think?" Jessie said.

"I wouldn't facetime you because I was lying to every single person in my life, and I knew I couldn't lie to you." Celine Marie said, tears rimming her waterline.

"I just thought you didn't need me anymore." Jessie said. "Are you kidding me? Look what happened when you were gone!" Celine Marie said. "Come here," Jessie said. The two girls hugged.

"How long have you been there?" Celine Marie said when she saw Aliah standing in the door frame. "Not long... Long," Aliah said. She joined the hug.

"Okay let's make a pact. No more secrets between the Martinez girls." Jessie said. "I have a secret..." Aliah said. Celine and Jessie looked to the 12 year old. "I sent the letters." Aliah said.
Celine Marie's smile fell.

"I'm gonna kill you," Celine Marie said. Celine jumped towards her, reaching her arms out. Jessie held her back. "She's a kid!" Jessie yelled as her 16 year old sister started running after Aliah.

"You were so lonely! I could tell Walker liked you and I knew you wouldn't do anything about it!" Aliah yelled. "So you sent all five!" Celine Marie shouted back. "I thought five chances at a boyfriend was better odds!" Aliah shouted.

"Okay, stop!" Jessie shouted. "Give me the shoe." Jessie told Celine Marie who stubbornly handed it over. "Look, her logic was off but her heart was in the right place." Jessie reasoned.

"Her face is gonna be in the wrong place." Celine Marie said. "Celine Marie, before you murder our sister, let me ask you something. If you really, truly didn't want those letters to be sent, then why did you address them?" Jessie asked.

"It's not like I added a stamp." Celine Marie stuttered. "Can you maybe just admit that some part of you doesn't want everything in your life to be a fantasy?" Jessie said. "Maybe." Celine Marie said. "So... If I can forgive you for writing my boyfriend a love letter, do you think you can forgive Aliah for sending them?" Jessie asked.

"...Fine!" Celine Marie said. "Thank Gosh, I was really hoping I'd live to see seventh grade," Aliah said.

idk
not edited

idknot edited