III

As she walked down the hallways of her high school, she passed Caleb. The both of them looked at each other. Celine Marie was walking backwards as she waved at Caleb and accidentally bumped into Jenny.
"Oh my gosh Jenny! I'm so sorry! I wasn't paying attention," Celine Marie said as Jenny let out an 'ow!'

"Oh... it's you," Jenny said, crossing her arms in front of her chest sassily. Jenny looked the girl up and down in a nasty way.

Jenny... Jennifer. The two use to be best friends, but post-middle school, for reasons having to do with her popularity and Celine Marie's lack thereof, the two are now decidedly not.

"Cute boots... Thank you so much for your service," Jenny said, saluting just to mock Celine Marie. "They're vintage, but I got them on etsy," Celine Marie said knowingly. Her best friend came up behind her, "And they're amazing! Not everyone can pull them off. Celine Marie can rock them!" Ali said, "But for you cuz, well let's just say it's probably a good thing you're playing it safe with those... Uggs."

Ali... Alexandra. Jenny's cousin, Celine Marie's best friend. Her only friend, really.

"You know what, Ali? Screw you, you know my feet are always cold!" Jenny said, and right as she finished speaking, her boyfriend came up behind her to hug her. "Hey babe," the boyfriend in question said. Jenny responded with 'Hey' in a sweet tone she hadn't used with the two girls standing in front of her. "How you doin," Jenny's boyfriend said. "I'm good, how are you?" Jenny said. She was looking at Celine Marie with a smug look. Her boyfriend replied to her with a short 'good.'

You guys remember Walker Scobell? The second non-recipient of Celine Marie's love letters? Thats this Walker. Jenny's Walker. Seventh grade. Celine Marie's first real boy/girl party. Everyone who was at the party was all sitting in a circle playing spin the bottle. Everyone knew that Walker and Jenny, who at the time was still Celine's bff, only wanted to kiss each other. Of course, when it was Celine Marie's turn to spin, it landed on Walker. Immediately she looked at Jenny who had a pleading look on her face.

"I can spin it again," Celine Marie said, like any good friend would. She didn't want to kiss her best friends crush if she didn't have to. "You can't cheat the bottle," Walker said with a smirk on his face. Celine Marie was hesitant but Walker leaned in anyway. The two quickly kissed and pulled away. Jenny looked at Celine Marie with a look of betrayal, jaw dropped.

Current day, in the hallways. "So I was just complimenting Celine Marie on her government-issued boots." Jenny said smugly, Walker listening intently with his arms wrapped around Jenny. Celine Marie was trying her hardest not to punch her face."C'mon, I see someone we need to say hi to,"Jenny said, "bye." she said walking away. Walker stayed back though. "She just stopped drinking caffeine for some diet, I think she's just in withdrawal, so," Walker said, trying to defend his girlfriend's attitude.

"Are you sure she just doesn't have a chemical imbalance?" Celine Marie said. "Right.." Walker said before walking off to find Jenny. Once he was gone, Celine Marie asked Ali, "Do you really think my boots are amazing?"

"See, if you ask, it ruins the whole vibe. Be cool," Ali said, "Anyway, you think i'm gonna let my cousin talk trash about you?" as she finished, the girls wrapped their arms around the others shoulders, walking down the halls to their classes.

In the background, Caleb could be seen staring at the girls before also walking to his own class.

I'm excited for this book tbh, i really hope you all like it as well !! Go check out my walker scobell imagines book😁