I

Celine Marie was very rudely interrupted from her daydream when her little sister, Aliah, threw a pillow at her face. "Hey!" Celine Marie shouted. "Are we hanging out or what?" Aliah asked sassily from the entrance of her room. "Just let me finish this chapter," Celine Marie said and was about to when she heard ruckus from the kitchen downstairs, her father trying to cook.

Jessie, her older sister, walked by and Celine Marie asked "Should we go down and help him?"
"You know he wants to do it himself but please come help me set the table," Jessie said. Aliah and Celine Marie both sighed.

"I hate when dad makes food, it always taste disgusting," Aliah complained. "Regardless, whatever Dad puts on the table, I want you to take a bite and say, "Mm, just like mom's," Okay?" Jessie advised her littlest sister. "I was still eating smushed peas when mom died," Aliah said.

As the three of them reached the bottom of the stairs, Caleb, Jessie's boyfriend, walked in. "Hey! I'm not too late am I?" Caleb asked, "I was trying to meditate but ended up falling asleep." Caleb greeted Jessie with a kiss.

"Smells good, Dr. M," Caleb said to Rodrigo. "Hey Caleb," Rodrigo greeted his daughter's boyfriend. "Celine Marie," Caleb greeted her with a high-five.

Everyone sat at the dinner table staring at Rodrigo try to cut the steak, but it was hard as a rock. "Usually if you just rock this thing back and forth..." Rodrigo said trailing off. "It's supposed to fall off the bone, dad" Celine Marie said but was quieted by Jessie shushing her.

"Hey, Caleb, come hang onto this while I cut into it, would ya?" Rodrigo said. Just as Caleb got up out of his chair to help out, he was pushed down by Jessie who said, "Hey, ya know what? The electric knife is in the kitchen, and it'll have that thing ready to eat in two seconds. Looks great papà. I'll be right back," Jessie said, taking the steak to the kitchen to cut it.

"I can't believe we're not going to be able to see her until thanksgiving," Aliah said solemnly. Jessie was offered to go to this prestigious school in Scotland for her junior and senior year of high school. "It's actually gonna be Christmas, honey, because Scotlands too far for her to come back just for Thanksgiving," Rodrigo announced.

"Wait are you kidding? We won't see her until Christmas!" Celine Marie said. "Let's look on the bright side! Jessie won't be taking the car every day so you can practice your driving," Rodrigo said cheerfully.

"I forgot I have to drive with Celine Marie now," Aliah said incredulously. "You can take the bus ya know. I really don't care," Celine Marie Said. "If you guys are in a bind I can give you a ride. Not like I have anywhere to be. I'm right next door," Caleb offered. "Or I can drive and if we get pulled over we'll switch places real quick," Aliah with a grin as Jessie came back with the steak, cut into pieces, and served them to everyone. "Amazing idea, honey," Rodrigo said, pointing at his youngest daughter with a grin.

"What did I miss" Jessie asked. "We were talking about how bad of a driver Celine Marie is," Aliah said. "Yeah we were, but we were also talking about airplanes," Caleb said reaching into his bag. "But were we?" Celine Marie whispered to no one in specific but was ignored by everyone.

"Which speaking of... I have a surprise for ya," Caleb said handing a paper to Jessie.  "Since you couldn't come home for thanksgiving, I figured I'd bring a little home to you," Caleb said as Jessie unfolded the paper. Jessie looked speechless as she looked at the paper. "It's a plane ticket! I'm comin to Scotland," Caleb said. "Hey! Look at Caleb stepping up!" Rodrigo said, clapping.

"You.. You already paid for this?" Jessie said sounding dreadful. Suddenly the air around then became thick with tension. "Y-Yeah I mean I.. has a google alert set up for flights, as soon as you decided you wanted to go to school there," Caleb said nervously, "Why?"

Jessie cleared her throat, folding the paper back up in silence. "Mm... Just like Mom's" Aliah said trying to diffuse the tension. Celine Marie looked at Aliah with a look to warn her to shut up.

Before Caleb and Jessie started dating, Caleb was Celine Marie's boyfriend. Well, space between the words... boy who was a friend. She could talk to him about anything and they really understood each other. They didn't stop being friends when Jessie and Caleb got together, it was just different. They didn't want Celine Marie to feel left out, so they invited her everywhere. Even on dates.

They tried to make it as normal as possible, but... she still felt like a third wheel. Celine Marie didn't want to steal her sisters boyfriend, matter of fact, she was super happy for Jessie. She deserves a great guy like Caleb. And so, Celine Marie did what she did with every major crush she had, and wrote him a letter.

Celine Marie wasn't dumb, she wasn't going to send the letter. It was just for her, to understand how she was feeling. But really, she guessed it was mainly about how sometimes she imagined what it would've been like if she'd realized how she felt about him sooner.

Once Celine Marie finished writing the letter, she grabbed her circular teal box with a bow on the top and middle of it, and stored her letter where the rest were.

Those letters were her most secret possessions. There are five in total: Dylan Smith from camp; Walker Scobell from seventh grade; James Scott from homecoming; Theo Lane Rhodes from Model UN; and Caleb.
Celine Marie writes a letter when she has a crush so intense, she doesn't know what else to do. Rereading her letters reminds her of how powerful her emotions can be. And Jessie would say she's being dramatic, but drama can be fun...

And that's the first chapter 😜 I hope you liked it and if you did then go check out my Walker Scobell Imagines book.
Byeeee☺️