Chapter 27- Sacrifice

"Sir im so thankful for these books", Raina told handing him a pile of books, "Me and Aarzu gained a lot of knowledge from these"

"Ah it's fine! I hope you get placements at good hospitals", he said with a smile.

Raina kept the pile near the desk and looked at him, "okay sir, I'll take a leave"

Dr. Ibrahim almost remembered something and asked her, "how is Aarzu now?"

Raina brought her eyebrows together, "Aarzu?"

"Yeah? Don't you know? Weren't you informed?"

"Sorry sir but i don't know what you're talking about"

"Aarzu was admitted into the hospital 4 days ago while i was on my shift"

"What? But...why sir??"

"She had a severe case of cardiac dysfunction"

"Ya allah!!", Raina's legs shivered, she wasn't aware about anything as nobody informed her, the sudden thought of her bestfriend leaving her forever gave her chills, "is she okay?"

"Yeah, she was out of danger but she was taken over by Dr Musa, so i have no idea about her. I thought you'd know and that's why i asked", he told with a smile,

"Sir...is she...", worry and panic took over her face,

"Don't worry, she's alright. She might be under observation now. But it's surprising me to know that you haven't been informed", he said,

"Sir, i think they didn't want us to worry but thanks for letting me know, I'll meet her today...infact I'll meet her now", Raina said trying hard to give him a smile. She left the cabin and walked straight towards the car. Tears flushed her eyes and she was trying hard to control them.

'I'm such a bad friend. Why did this happen? She doesn't deserve any of it...ALLAH!!! ALLAH!!!! ALLAH!!! please take good care of her...i can't lose her...i can't...but it's my fault...!!!!! I shouldn't have hidden anything about the past!! What will i do now?? How will i face my angel??? I love her!! I love her so much!!', she thought as she rushed to the car and opened the door with a loud thud.

"Araam se, whats wrong?", Adam asked, soon enough he saw the tears rushing down her face and chin, "Raina! Are you okay? What's wrong?"

Raina pulled out a tissue and wiped her tears. She immediately took out her mobile and called her mother.

"Hello Assamualaikum beta"

"Ammi", she replied as her voice broke due to tears,

"Raina? Bete are you crying?"

"Ammi...that..", tears continued rolling down her cheeks,

"Raina can you please tell What's wrong", Adam demanded,

Raina looked at him and gathered herself, "Ammi, Aarzu is admitted in the hospital"

"Allah khair! Why?? What happened?", her mither replied,

Adam was silenced. He paid extra attention on what Raina told next,

"She suffered a Cardiac dysfunction", she said her voice being more coarse,

Adam's whole body went into shock. Currents of sensations ran through his veins. The hair of his skin under the sleeves rose with fear. He lowered his eyes but they involuntarily shut the eye lids. He felt numb to an extent that he didnt feel his body.

After a few seconds of zoning out, he heard his mother's voice through the phone, "okay I'm coming to the hospital. You stay there, we'll meet them"