Chapter 26- before i pass away

"Javed, she is super sick", Munira told as she entered her room, "her temperature isn't falling at all"

"I think we need to take her to the hospital", Javed said as he stood in worry,

"Yeah", Munira nodded, "she needs to be healthy, it's gonna be her engagement next week"

"For God's sake Munira, stop obsessing over that damn engagement. If Aarzu is sick then we'll postpone it. That's it", Javed screamed and left the room in anger.

'What do you know how much I've prayed for this to happen. I never wanted Aarzu to live here in this country. And its happening. If she marries Umair then she'll go to Australia and settle there. Once she moves out, we can go back to our home city Javed. You'll never understand', she said as she watched a picture of Aarzu on the dressing table.

It was around 6 in the evening, Aarzu wasn't able to move. She laid on her bed not able to open her eyes. Her throat was dried and she needed water. She tried to move her head but it springed with sharp pain. She hissed in response.
She opened her eyes once again and everything was blur. Faint blurry bubbles surrounded the pupil of her eyes and she went unconscious.

"Bilal, go and give this food to baaji", Munira said handing the little boy a tray of fruits,

Bilal ran to his sister's room and found her sleeping on the bed. He walked towards her, placed the tray on the side table and woke her up. She didn't respond. He pushed her hand and tried to scream in her ear.

After several failed attempts of waking her up, he got scared. 'This is how people die in movies' he said to himself and ran back downstairs to inform his mother.

He gasped for breath and finally told his parents what he had encountered. Both of them rushed into her room. Munira splashed water on her face but it was still a fail. On seeing this, Ariz rushed and turned on the car as Javed carried his daughter towards the backseat.

He carefully placed her on the seat and drove straight to the hospital.

*********

"There's no need to worry, she's out of danger now", an old friendly looking man told Javed and Munira who were pacing back and forth the corridor outside the room,

"Dr. Ibrahim, its good that we found you at this hour. Thankyou so much for saving her", Javed said,

"No no no...thank Allah SWT, indeed he is the one who cures the sick", the man replied.

Dr. Ibrahim was Aarzu's professor in the medical college. He was very well aware of her behavior and her life.

"What had happened to her doctor?", Munira asked with worry and concern,

Dr. Ibrahim took a deep breathe as he recollected himself and arranged the sentences to break out the truth, "she had a severe cardiac dysfunction", Munira and Javed shared a worried look and Dr. Ibrahim continued, "Alhamdullilah, she's safe now but it can happen again. Its a pathway to major heart attacks. You don't have to worry, just keep her away from emotional trauma."

He took a deep breathe, "I'm just a doctor to you two but Aarzu is my student and like my daughter. I'll advice you to not hurt her."

"But Sir Ibrahim, we didn't do anything to her? And even if we did, She didn't complain about anything?", Munira argued,

"Well, her not complaining has caused her heart to stop functioning normally. She's taken stress and overburdened herself into thinking about something thats disturbing her. Khair, you guys brought her on time or else i couldn't have guaranteed her life-"

"Don't tell this doctor.", Javed pleaded, "I'll take good care of her. Can i meet her now?"

"Not now but after a few hours. She's unconscious. When she's up, we'll inform you."

"Okay. How long does she need to stay here?", Munira asked,

"For about a week. We need to keep her under observation because her BP might fall low anytime. And its also better to not take her back for a few days, if things don't stop here, I'll appoint a psychiatrist for her, you don't have to worry", He smiled and walked away.

"Thankyou Dr", Javed said with gratitude.

Munira sat on the metal chair with worry. She looked at her husband who sat next to her. "Javed...should we tell Rafia about this?"

"Why?"

"Because she has told that next week is their engagement. If Aarzu is sick how can we go? And obviously you won't allow me to take her after she's discharged", she said hastily,

"Munira...our daughter was about to die. She had a cardiac dysfunction. And all that's bothering you is her engagement?", Javed was irritated by Munira's words, "do you not realize how wrong everything is going?"

"What's wrong Javed?"

"You're asking me? Can't you see? Aarzu isn't happy about this marriage"

"How do you know? She said yes in front of everyone"

"She didn't say yes. You kept your answer in her mouth and told her to repeat."

"So what's wrong?, im doing all of it for her benefit"

"Benefit?? She was a second away from losing her life."

"She's fine. She'll be fine. I just want her to marry"

"Why are you so obsessed with her marriage?"

"You already know it", Javed raised his eyebrows in a questioning way, "i want to go back home", said Munira.

Javed's face grew pale. He was shocked to hear those words. He fell silent and didn't utter any word. He kept staring at his wife's face in horror.

"It's been so many years. I'm tired of hiding. I want her to go away so that i can peacefully breathe", Munira added and tears formed in her eyes.

Javed was still silent and she continued, "its better if she goes away from this country. Umair stays in Australia and he'll take her. She'll be much happier there. And I'll finally breathe"

"Excuse me sir", a woman called Javed, "are you miss Aarzu's father?", Javed nodded, she handed him a prescription saying, "we need these syringes and bottles. And these tablets are mentioned here, you can buy them from the hospital pharmacy"

"Okay"

End of chapter 26

I promise that sufferings will end soon and cute episodes will be uploaded.