chapter 18- Ammi.

"But javed-", Munira spoke attempting to stop her hurried husband from leaving,

"Munira...I'll talk to Imraan about it", he told her placing both his hands on her shoulder trying to reassure her,

"No...We'll talk to Rafia", she said gripping his arm while he turned,

Javed looked at his wife, he felt anger rushing through his veins, he clenched his jaw and turned his face away. After a few seconds he looked at her, she stood in a pitiful way.

"We need to talk to Aarzu", he replied in a soft tone.

"Javed but-"

"I'll come home and talk later", saying he kissed his wife on her cheek and left.

Munira locked the door after he went and came back to the living room. She sat on the sofa with her daily tablets of anti-depressants and water. After consuming her daily dosage, she swung her head on the rest of the sofa. Her eyes were on the golden lamp of the wall.

'I couldn't be a better mother to you Aarzu, i had so many plans before having you and when you were born everything about me, in me, of me and around me changed. As a mother i had to protect you but instead i abandoned you...but now i wont....I'll do everything to protect you', tears flood through her eyes. She was suddenly conscious about the water that touched the skin of her face.

She quickly wiped them when she heard Aarzu's footsteps towards the living room.

Her daughter looked at her with full of confusion, 'did ammi cry?'

She walked towards her mother and sat on the sofa that was adjacent to it.

"Did baba leave?", she asked her mom, starting a conversation.

"Yes he did", she told gathering herself, "why did you come downstairs?"

"I was getting bored"

Munira looked at her, "you're getting bored because you don't have to do anything?"

"Yes ammi, my practice might start soon but till then I'll be super bored", saying this she rubbed her knees.

"Aarzu..", she called her, a soft smile spread on her pink lips, "come here"

Aarzu was surprised. This was the first time her mother called her towards herself. It wasn't for any work. It was love, genuine love.

She walked towards her ammi and sat next to her. The side of their thighs touched and they tilted their bodies towards each other.

"Aarzu...", she softly said as she detangled her hair that fell on her collar bone, "I've been a really bad example of a mother to you, baby", Aarzu brought her eyebrows together, Munira continued, "I had so many dreams for my first child when i saw the positive sign on the test but things took a wild turn.....", her throat filled,

"Ammi....", Aarzu held her palm, "what happened to you today? Are you fine? What are you saying?", she asked worried,

Munira handled herself and looked at her worried and tensed daughter, "Aarzu... i love you beta..."

Aarzu interrupted her, "ammi i know, i love you too",

"I haven't been a good mother to you, ever"

"Ammi, you're the best mother i could ever ask for. I find myself so lucky to have you as my mom. I can't express how much immense joy you give me. Don't tell this again, you're the best human."

Munira's eyes filled with water, she uncontrollably cried. Aarzu looked at her mother who was vulnerable. The whole of her past flashed in front of her eyes, "ammi, don't cry please, did i do some mistake?", she asked,

"No no no, you haven't done any mistake. You're the most perfect daughter ever", she pulled her daughter close and hugged her tight, she wrapped her and kissed all of her cheeks and face.

"Ammi....", Aarzu couldn't take it anymore, her eyes watered when she finally felt her mother's hug,

'After years ammi, after years...you finally realized you had a daughter who needed you the most', Aarzu's brain murmured.

They cried in each others arms uncontrollably for 15 minutes. Their hands running back and fro at their backs. Their hair getting wet due to tears.

'I finally got my mother back', Aarzu thought,

'I'm so sorry Aarzu', Munira thought.

They came out of each others embrace and wiped their tears, "thanks ammi", Aarzu said, "Thankyou for everything you've done, thankyou for today"

Munira cupped her daughter's face in her warm bands, "no, thankyou beta, i love you"

Aarzu kissed the palms of her mother, she gave her a warm smile and Munira kissed her back on her wet red cheeks.

"Do you like someone?", Aarzu was surprised at this sudden question,

"Huh? What do you mean ammi?"

"Do you like some guy? Are you in love with some guy?"

'Did...she...is..she...is she asking about me and Adam? How do i tell her?', she thought, "why do you feel like that ammi?"

"You're beautiful which means you'll surely have admirers and then maybe you must've fallen for any one of them atleast?"

"No ammi, there's nothing like that"

"Really??"

"Yes"

"I thought my daughter was a heartbreaker", Munira said as she laughed and patted her daughters back,

"We were crying few minutes back", Aarzu replied trying to change the topic,

"Aarzu...", Munira held her daughters hands and placed them on her lap, "promise me one thing"

Aarzu nodded her head,

"When the time comes, you'll say yes", Munira said,

"Say 'yes'?", Aarzu asked in uttee confusion,

"I want you to promise me that when i ask you about someone, you'll say 'yes', that is all i ask for"

Without any second thought, Aarzu promised her mother. Munira smiled and hugged her.

'I only want you to move out of this country so that nobody harms you. I want good for you. I want the best for you. I want Umair to be written for you. Since you aren't in love with anyone, i pray Umair becomes your happiness', Munira thought to herself while she stroked her daughter's hair.

End of chapter 18.

Been busy with my med college😪
Had no time to upload.
Apologies.

Mother-daughter bonding.😁