Chapter 25- Abrar's investigation

"Baby don't cry", Abrar said through the phone as Raina cried to him, "It's gonna be fine, I'll talk to Adam about it, okay?"

"B..uu....ttt.. bh..aa...iii...", she struggled to complete her words,

"Hey, calm down love, calm down. Your worry won't lessen his. I'll be right there okay? Stop crying. Im coming to your place", he told his fiancé.

Abrar came downstairs and informed his aunt that he was going to Adam's place to meet him.

"You shouldn't go there so often. It's your sasural now", she told him as he hugged her bye,

"Auntie ji, i promise i won't harm our reputation", he replied and left with a smile.

It was around 11:00 am. He parked his car right in front of the white fence that opened into an elegant and vibrant porch.

"Assalamualaikum uncle", he greeted as he walked towards Imraan who was reading the daily newspaper with a cup of hot tea in his hand.

"Oh, walaikumsalaam", Imraan greeted back and stood up to hug and welcome his son-in-law. "How come you're here?"

"I just had to meet Adam"

"He's in his room"

"Where else can he possibly be", he laughed,

Imraan laughed along with him and patted his back, "you can go and talk to him beta"

"I will talk to him uncle but before that tell me how are you?"

"Alhamdullilah, im fine, what about you?"

"I'm fine I'm fine"

They spoke for about other 10 minutes when Imraan finally told him to go. He walked to Adams room with a serious face because he knew the series of events that occurred as Raina had already informed him.

He entered his bestfriends room just to witness a burnt wall; along it was resting a burnt bed and sheared mattress. He looked around the floor and realized that Adam slept on the floor on a piece of fabric with no pillow and soother.

Adam sat on the chair in his bacony. The tense figure of his body reflected fear and worry. Abrar could guess the position his heart was in. He was just as shocked as anyone who would enter this man's room. Abrar controlled himself and walked to his bestfriend who needed comfort.

"Could've been better if you burnt yourself along with the bed", he said looking straight at the trees standing in front,

Adam looked at him and turned his head to the previous position but his attention was now on Abrar,

"Changed your name and didn't care to inform me?", Abrar asked,

Adam gave him a questioning look, "my name?"

"Yeah, from Adam to Majnu....safar lamba raha hoga na", he sarcastically passed a remark. Adam rolled his eyes trying to avoid his silly joke. "But like seriously you've gone mad", Abrar now turned towards Adam and inspected him carefully. His bestfriend was focused on the trees that changed their direction along with the strong winds. "What have you done to yourself buddy?", he began to sympathize, "look at yourself, your beard has overgrown its size, you eyes look like they've been sucked, you haven't been sleeping well, even the muscles of your arms have diffused", he was now pressing Adam's biceps to prove his point.

Adam's brain was filled with questions with no appropriate answer. He was lost. He needed guidance, comfort and answers to his questions. All of his answers were engraved inside Aarzu. There was no way he could bring her back as much as he wanted to. He wanted to explain everything to her. He wanted to scream and tell the world that he only belongs to Aarzu.

"Adam?", Abrar told bringing his attention, "what does my boy want?", he sat next to him pulling him into a warm hug,

Adam rubbed the palms of his hand around his forehead and massaged the temples,

"Look, if you don't wanna marry that crazy girl then we'll come up with a plan, i promise you don't have to go through all this alone", he patted on his back,

"I just cannot live in regret. I want to talk to Aarzu. I can't handle myself if anything wrong happens to her", Tears accumulated in the sides of his eyes as he controlled their flow.

"Buddy look, run away with her", Abrar said in a serious tone,

"No, i can't do that. You know how dangerous Soha's father is. He'll harm my family", he said almost choking on anger,

"She wasn't even in touch with us for all these years and now they made an entry in our lives?", he argued,

"It was all a trap Abrar. I was manipulated into signing a contract. I went to Spain and realized that it was a trap organized by that man", he massaged his temples with anger,

"As far as I've seen her, i mean- i cannot put down the character of a woman but my judgement says that she's quite desperate"

"What do you mean?"

"You both would've been married by now if she never went away and you would even have kids but they left the city and broke all contacts, right?"

Adam nodded his head in approval,

"And she isn't married?, okay i understand that her father had this plan waiting and wanted you to be his son-in-law but that i don't trust Soha"

Adam raised one of his eyebrows and questioned his bestfriend whose judgements were always right. If this statement came out of his mouth then it was obviously true or there are high chances of it being true.

"Soha needs a man in her life to satisfy her at all times. Look, im not defaming her or judging her but her behavior is vulgar and we all know it. It's her life in the end and im least bothered but but but...if you're worried then it's my duty to tell you my opinion"

"What opinion?"

"Soha will definitely have an ex. We just need to find him and get him back. If she's cheaper than what I've assumed her to be then she'll still have a contact with her ex or maybe he isn't her ex yet"

Adam carefully looked at him as if agreeing to what he was telling. He nodded his head as he understood the plan.

"But what will we do if we bought the ex here?"

"You'll get time buddy. Ofcourse, the wedding won't break but you'll have time to sort things out regarding Aarzu"

"I just don't want her to marry Umair"

This statement caught Abrar off guard. He was shocked to hear it, he didn't believe his ears and looked dead into Adam's eyes.

"AARZU MARRY WHO?"

"She told yes to Umairs proposal", Adam told as sadness overshadowed his dark eyes.

Abrar gulped down a huge lump of shock. "I thought Aarzu only came to know about Soha par yahan toh everything's messed" he looked at Adam,"is that why you're sad?"

"Yeah pretty obvious isn't it?"

"Man!!! This is messed up!!! But my boy you don't have to worry at all, ill do my best to avoid all of this okay"

End of chapter 25

Abrar jaisa dost chahiye yaar
He's so amazing. Good job my boy.

And i hope Adam finally finds the peace he's been looking for.
I'm literally in tears writing these parts of the story.

College pe mere exams chal rhe hain aur main in donon ke liye aansu baha rahi hun.
Anyways i hope you guys enjoyed the chapter.