Chapter 24- Laibah's fear

"Toh mummy I'm planning to twin all the three of us", Laibah spoke on the other side of the phone,

Paree hummed in response, and she continued, "Kabir made us breakfast today and his mom was shocked to see it", A splurt of laughter left her mouth and Paree smiled,

"Good to hear you laugh", she told her daughter,

"Im laughing but your voice sounds off, is everything alright?"

"Not really"

"What do you mean? Allah Khair. Is everyone okay?", Laibah was worried,

"Arey we're all fine. Dont worry", Imraan entered the room while Paree spoke. He was on a call with his sister who was convincing him to tag along with her to the airport since Umair and Jabbar were coming.

"Accha I'll let you know", Imraan told his sister,

"Who is he talking to?", Laibah asked on hearing his voice,

"Oh that? Its Rafia. Umair and Jabbar bhai are coming to the city today", she informed,

"Huh??? Why????", Laibah was surprised hearing this,

"Oh ya, Rafia has asked Aarzu for Umair",

"WHAT??", Laibah almost choked on the air she breathed, "Raina's Bestfriend Aarzu?????"

"Yeah..she's a sweet girl, Umair is lucky"

"Wait a minute??? What's all this?? When did it happen??"

"I don't know...Rafia is so clever that she didn't even let us know about it. It was Munira who informed us about it."

"How did Munira aunty agree?"

"I don't know that as well. Aarzu is such a sweet girl, i loved her so much. If i was Rafia then I'd be interested in that girl too."

"Javed uncle?"

"He seemed hesitant, but i dont know, he might agree"

The flashback of Adams birthday played in her mind. She had seen love for her brother in Aarzu's eyes. All of this came as a shock to her. "What about Aarzu?"

"She's a farmabardaar bacchi. She said yes"

The words that came out of Pareesima's mouth seemed blur to her. 'She said yes', 'How could she say yes? She was in love with Adam? Did something happen between them? SOHA.'

"I see", she told,

"They're coming today to see Aarzu. Rafia didn't even call me. Munira called us all so im going from dulhans side. I dont know about your dad. He'll surely be from his snake sister's side"

The other side was quiet, Laibah didn't reply but just heard whatever Paree said.

"They might finalize the engagement date today. Oh and also Soha also was very adamant on getting engaged within a month. So yes, your brother will get engaged soon."

Sounds of a baby crying distracted Laibah, "okay mummy, I'll call you later, i think Azizah woke up",

"Okay, Allah hafiz beta"

Kabir bought the little girl to Laibah who was sitting tensed on the sofa. He handed her the baby and sat next to her.
"She's probably hungry", he told her,

Laibah started nursing the baby in her lap while her face stayed stiff and straight. Noticing her behavior, Kabir asked, "Did something happen?"

Laibah shifted her thoughts, "Nothing"

"Something is definitely wrong. Did anyone dare to tell you any shit?"

"No relax. Nobody did anything."