truth or dare | JJ

It was your first day at the BAU, Unit Chief Aaron Hotchner was showing you around the BAU and introducing you to everyone "Jennifer Jareau is our Media Liaison, she'll be here soon" Aaron nodded as you profoundly thanked him for taking time out of his day to do that for you.

You were walking past the elevators when you heard someone come out in a rush, she accidentally bumped into you because she didn't look where she was going because of how stressed she was, you could tell she wanted to tell the team something you just weren't sure what it was "oh honey I'm so sorry" she said as you stumbled backwards a bit, managing to fall on the floor "here, let me" she held out her hand for you to take, you looked up at her and accepted her offer she was gorgeous, she was a tall blonde with these piercing blue eyes, she was wearing a white shirt and a matching plaid skirt and blazer with black heels.

"Some first impression, huh" the mysterious woman smiled "I'm JJ" she smiled, her hand still wrapped around yours, now gripping for a handshake.

"I'm Y/N Y/L/N, It's my first day" you mirrored the same smile "I'm sorry, are you Jennifer Jareau? The Media Liaison?" you questioned.

JJ smiled and threw her head back as she laughed and nodded "Aaron has already introduced you to everyone huh, that's normally my job"

"Afraid so" you laughed.

"Come on, don't wanna be late on your first day" JJ winked as you walked together in the bullpen.

————

From that day on you knew you had a crush on JJ, you knew that she was unattainable but that didn't stop you from liking her, being around a bunch of profilers didn't help either, normally it was fine and you could handle your crush around everyone but Emily Prentiss could read you like an open book.

It started when she made two coffees, one for her and one for Emily but Emily already thanked her and she shrugged as she gave you one, you have the same order as Emily so you gladly accepted, as she gave you the coffee, her fingers ghosted yours slightly and they lingered more than they needed too, both of your flushed cheeks as you smiled the other "Thank you for the coffee Jay" you quickly hid your face and nodded again as a thank you.

"You're the only one that calls me that, you know" she nudged you playfully as she laughed and tucked one side of her hair behind her ears.

What really solidified your crush was one night at girl's night, around 6 or 7 months into working there, you were all playing a game of truth or dare when Penelope asked JJ if "she would kiss anyone on this team" and she quickly glanced at you and then glanced down, she was drunk and she definitely wouldn't remember this in the morning, in fact, none of them would, you were the designated driver and you weren't really much of a big drinker anyway so it worked out.

Emily saw you leaning on the bars looking over the bullpen, starting out at everyone, JJ being in your vision, she playfully teased you as she walked over to you, leaning in the same position next to you "she has a boyfriend, you know, Will Lamontange"

"The detective on the Jones case?" you recalled from around 2 years prior.

"Hmm" Emily affirmed as she nodded her head "the very same one" she put a hand on your shoulder as her way of saying sorry.

A week later when you got to the BAU, Hotch was about to call wheels up when JJ stopped you all.

"Guys..." she started.

"Is everything okay, JJ?" Emily turned around, you standing next to her doing the same too.

"I'm pregnant" JJ gulped and closed her eyes, unsure of how everyone would react "and Will proposed to me and I said yes"