la vie est belle | EP

It was your day off at the BAU so when JJ and Hotch asked you to babysit Jack and Henry you were completely up for it, you knew your children Olivia and Lily would also be excited for Jack and Henry to come over to play with them for a while too.

You'd been in a relationship with Emily Prentiss for about 9 years, you were so in love with Emily and when Emily asked you 5 years ago if you wanted to adopt a one year old Lily and a newborn baby called Olivia you fell more and more in love with her, since you were very young you wanted to become a mother, and the fact that you got to do that and marry Emily Prentiss, nothing was better.

"Hey guys, so Jack and Henry are coming over today, are you guys up for that?" you asked them both excitedly, Lily jumped out of bed and nodded frantically and hugged you, Olivia on the other hand nodded and curled up on her other side facing the wall "honey go and get ready while I talk to Liv okay"

"Okay mama" she smiled and hugged you again as you hugged her back and kissed her head and excused her by gently pushing her back out of the door.

"Hey Liv" you sat down on the bed next to Olivia, putting a hand out to rub her back.

"Where's mommy?" she asked looking for Emily.

"Mommy's gone to work baby, remember? she'll be back later tonight okay?" you reminded as you pressed a kiss to her forehead, you felt her sweat on her forehead, and her trying to cover a cough, you checked her head to find out she has a temperature.

"I want mommy" the five year old whined.

"I know baby" you cooed "I can phone her and you can talk to her if you like? we'll have to see if she's not busy though" you reminded as you swept her damp hair out of her face before pressing another kiss on her forehead.

You sent Emily a quick text to see if she was busy and if she was okay to talk to Olivia for a second which she was more than happy to do, as soon as Emily was on the phone you put the phone on speaker, also wanting to here your wife's voice, Lily came racing in and crashed on you before you both landed on the bed.

"Hi" Olivia managed to get out.

"Hi sweet girl? are you okay?" Emily spoke softly.

"Miss you mommy" Liv whispered.

"I miss you too baby, are you excited Jack and Henry are coming over later? Mama text me to let me know" Emily affirmed.

"Mhmm" Liv whispered before slumping back into her pillow "home" she winced.

"I'm excited mommy" Lily spoke up.

"Hi Lily" Emily said excitedly "how are you honey?"

"I'm good I'm allllll ready" she laughed and did a twirl even though Emily couldn't see her.

"I bet you look like the most beautiful girl in the world baby" Emily praised as Lily nodded making you laugh slightly "mama's going to take you off speaker for a second okay honey, I need to talk to her about something that doesn't require children's ears okay" Emily asked.

"Okay mommy" Lily smiled as she left the room, you ran your fingers through Liv's hair while you were speaking to Emily.

"What's up with Liv? she doesn't sound herself" Emily worried, you could already tell that Emily was biting her nails with anxiety.

"Emily, Liv is fine she just has a little temperature, I'll dose her up on some medicine and I'll let Aaron and JJ know, I can still babysit them but I'll just let them know just in case" your hands still running through your baby's hair.