Chapter 16

Vanessa sees Giana with sadness in her eyes as she whispers something to Isaac who cheers up Giana instantly. Cameron says, "well that's your decision, I will honour the Moon Goddess's decision when my mate is brought to me, unless it's...." Carter and Oscar both turn to see Cameron staring at Giana who is laughing happily with Vanessa and Isaac unaware she is being watched by Cameron who has a warm smile on his face. Cameron asks, "who is she?." Carter replies, "this is Giana." Carter's inner Wolfblood Bryce says, "she is our mate." Oscar smiles watching his sister laughing as Cameron says, "Giana, what a beautiful name, she is the most gorgeous female Wolfblood I have ever seen." Carter turned his head slowly as he felt anger hearing Cameron talk about Giana before he asked, "so Carter is Giana taken? does she have a mate?." Carter replies, "I had no idea that you were looking for a mate, Cameron? is Fire Moon Pack out of female Wolfbloods? are your choices limited there?." Cameron senses the harsh tone in Carter's voice before Oscar steps in saying, "apologies Cameron I think what Carter is trying to imply is that my sister Giana does not have a mate yet." Cameron smiles while admiring Giana saying, "well looking at her I have to say I am very dissatisfied that she is not mine, but looking at her she is the first female Wolfblood that is making me think of picking a chosen mate." Carter angrily clenches his fist while staring at Oscar with anger in his eyes. Carter's Wolfblood Bryce mindlinks Oscar's Wolfblood Dylan asking angrily, "what the hell is going on about? why is praising Gia so much?." Oscar's Wolfblood Dylan replies, "take a deep breath, Carter and let's not try to start another war with another pack." Oscar places his hand on Carter's shoulder who takes a deep breath whilst Cameron says, "shall we begin dinner? I think you will be extremely interested to hear what my men have discovered recently." 

Carter drinks his red wine in a big gulp before they soon head over to the dining room. Denise is almost finished setting up as Vanessa comes over saying, "mom you did a great job." Denise sees Cameron and bows saying, "I hope you enjoy my casserole, Alpha Cameron." Cameron smiles saying, "it smells delicious, Ms Denise." Denise smiles before heading out as Selene, Giana, Vanessa, Isaac, Oscar, and Carter all arrived to enjoy the food. As they slowly enjoy the dinner Carter cannot help but look at Giana in her blue sapphire dress with her hair and makeup stunningly done. Selene notices this as Cameron says, "so Miss Gracious, your name is Giana?." Giana looks at Cameron with a confused expression replying, "who's Miss Gracious?." Cameron smiles saying, "your name it means gracious, a gift from God?." Giana blushes as Cameron compliments her saying, "you look gorgeous, Giana." Giana says, "thank you for your kind words, Alpha Cameron... I am just a little stunned by how you know about me, you are a legend of course Alpha of the Fire Moon Pack." Oscar smiles as Cameron raises his glass to drink a sip before asking, "so Giana, what have you heard about me?." Giana mentions about the war in which Cameron fought off rogues; Cameron smiles saying, "well, that is definitely something worth knowing, all my life I have been a fighter, so I guess protecting my pack from danger is priority." 

Carter feels tensed seeing Giana and Cameron talking as Giana says, "well I am still impressed regardless, I remember when I was younger there was an attack, but I was terrified, but I don't think it's something you would want to hear about." Cameron says, "no that is not the case at all, actually Giana I could listen to you all night and talk to you more...." Giana feels a little tingling inside her as Cameron takes a bite of the casserole before mentioning Oscar. Giana asks, "what did my brother say?." Cameron replies, "well your brother Oscar mentioned that you do not have a mate, I would happily take you to be my chosen mate, Giana." Giana looks at Cameron with a surprised look in her eyes as she grabs her glass of wine with her Wolfblood Dakota thinking, 'we are not completely rejected and unwanted, are we?.' Giana mindlinks Oscar demanding to know what is happening as Oscar tries to defend his position as protecting his sister's happiness. Giana rolls her eyes before taking a deep breath as Vanessa mindlinks Oscar saying, "Giana has a right to choose her happiness, it was not wise to call her out like that." Oscar mindlinks her back saying, "I am sorry baby, you are right, but she is my sister, and her happiness is my priority." Carter looks at Giana and Oscar feeling their sibling bond as Giana's Wolfblood Dakota thinks, 'there is no harm in talking to him, right?.'