Battle 48: From Friend to Foe

Start from the beginning

Ash: Are you calling me lazy?!

Misty: I didn't call anybody anything. I was talking to Pikachu.

Duplica: Sounded like you were talking to Ash.

Ash: She's right. I think you called me lazy.

Misty: I said I didn't and I didn't.

Ash: I say you did because you did! Now admit you called me lazy!

Misty: I did not!

Ash: Yes you did!

Pikachu: Pika Pika! (Would you two please stop arguing) Ash and Misty go back and forth, irritating Pikachu to the point that he Thunder Shocks everyone.

Oak: Don't shock us, too! Afterwards, the television comes on to reveal coverage of the sixth round of the competition.

Announcer: Welcome back to our sixth round coverage of the Pokémon League competition!

Ash: Richie!

Announcer: After watching Levi win his latest battle, we can see that only the most tenacious trainers and their Pokémon have made it to this level, so get ready! Some sensational battles are about to begin!

In the locker room, Ritchie is giving a pep talk to his Pokémon.

Ritchie: Well, we made it this far, guys. Let's go, all the way. Happy, Zippo, Sparky, let's all do our best. Soon, our heroes enter the lockeroom.

Ash: Hi, Ritchie. Ready to win?

Ritchie: Hey! What are you all doing here?

Ash: We just wanted to wish you good luck in the match today.

Ritchie: Great. Thanks, guys.

Misty: And make sure you don't choke like Ash did.

Ash: Well, you don't have to put it THAT way. Ritchie chuckles. Ritchie. I know you'll win. Just like Niko, you're an awesome Pokémon trainer.

Ritchie: I'll try to win this for both of us.

Ash: Good luck!

Ritchie: Thanks.

Pikachu: Pika. Pikachu! (Okay. Let's get out there.)

Outside in the stadium, the battle is well underway and Zippo is on the field taking on a Rhydon. Then, Happy is facing off against a Venomoth. Then we see Ritchie's Spearow and Tentacool go to work. The screen whites out and comes back in as the match nears its conclusion)

Announcer: This match has been a real rollercoaster ride! Now they're both down to one Pokémon apiece, so whoever wins this battle wins the match!

Ash: You can do it!

Everyone else: Go, Ritchie! Even Pikachu and Togepi are cheering for Ritchie, while on the field, an Ivysaur materializes.

Announcer: Assunta has chosen Ivysaur as her final Pokémon!

Ritchie: It's all up to you. Go, Sparky! Sparky materializes, but once he does, Ivysaur runs right past him, spinning Sparky around like a top, and then comes right back around and sweeps Sparky off his feet with a Vine Whip. Ivysaur then charges. Sparky, watch out! Sparky gets up. Sparky, Thunder Shock, now!

Sparky fires multiple Thunder Shocks, but Ivysaur dodges them all and uses Vine Whip to block more of them.

Ritchie: Thunder Shock isn't working!Ivysaur uses its vines to leap into the air and charges up and fires a Solar Beam.

Announcer: And here comes Ivysaur's Solar Beam! The attack lands, sending Sparky upward, shocking Ritchie and our heroes. Sparky stands, but gets knocked back and down by a charging Ivysaur.