Battle 26: Haunt and Seek

After arriving in Saffron City, our heroes are reunited with Niko's hometown rival, Trace. Thought their meeting was short lived as Trace battled the Saffron City gym leader Sabrina and lost. While lamenting on his defeat, Niko proposed a joint training session.

Kota: I see. So that's what you're planning. Now rejoined with Kota, our heroes sit inside the Pokémon Center.

Niko: Yeah. Sabrin's probably the toughest Gym leader I'll battle, so I need all the help I can get. That's why I'm gonna train with Trace.

Trace: Hmph. Sure. I'd love to see how far you've come along. But, I doubt that'll be enough to beat Sabrina.

Kota: That's true. My master challenged Sabrina once and it ended about as well as you expect.

Duplica: Hearing how strong Sabrina is paints a different picture of her. She was actually pretty nice.

Kota: She wasn't always like that. Not too long ago, she was ruthless and cold in battle. But I guess a passing trained changed her for the better.

Niko: Alright. Enough talking, time for training! Niko shouted.

Eevee: Vee! (Yup)

And so, our heroes make their way to an open area where they can train. Trace battled with Sandslash.

Trace: We're ready when you are.

Sandslash: Slash! (Right)

Niko: Let's see. Growlithe, go!

Growlithe: Growl!

Duplica: Huh? Growlithe?

Kota: I see. Niko's planning on using Growlithe in his match with Sabrina so he's getting in some practice for it.

Duplica: Still, it's up against a Ground type.

Trace: This'll be easy. Sandslash, use Dig! Sandslash burrowed underground.

Niko: Growlithe, try to sniff Sandslash out. Growlithe used its nose to track it. The ground caved in a bit, this was the signal for Growlithe to dodge. Now, Flamethrower!

Growlithe: Growl! It fired at close proximity.

Niko: Grr. 'I don't get it. How does Niko know how to battle?!'

Kota: Wow. Those two are really in sync.

Duplica: Yeah. They're doing a lot better than I thought they would.

CLAP CLAP CLAP

Everyone looks to see Sabrina standing outside the park watching the battle.

Sabrina: My. I must say you two really energetic.

Niko: Sabrina? What are you doing here?

Sabrina: Well, I was out looking for a friend, but then I heard this commotion and saw you two having a battle. I can guess you two must be excited for your battles with me?

Niko: You bet! And you can bet I'm gonna give my best!

Sabrina: I see. She giggled at his determination. I'll be looking forward to it. And you, Trace?

Grace: Uh! I guess so. He muttered unsure looking away.

Sabrina: Hm. The gum leaser sensed the uneasiness in Trace.

Duplica: Hey, Sabrina. You said you were looking for a friend. Who were you talking about?

Sabrina: Oh! Well, my friend happens to be a Haunter.

Everyone: A Haunter!?

Sabrina: That's right. Any chance you've all seen it?

Duplica: Uh...