Battle 24: The Case of the K-9 Caper

Today, our heroes find themselves traveling through the forest heading toward Saffron City, the site of the next Pokémon gym. There, Niko hopes to win his sixth Pokémon badge. However, this forest isn't as peaceful as it seems.

???: Stop, thief!

Niko: Huh?

Kota: A Thief?

Soon, a man comes out, getting our heroes' attention, holding a sack, and wielding a gun.

Kota: Look! That must be him!

Duplica: He looks like a thief!

Niko: Let's go, Eevee!

Eevee: Vee! (Right) However, Eevee sees the gun and cowers.

???: GROWWWWWWLLLLLLLL!!! Suddenly a Pokemon jumps out in front of the thief.

Niko: A Growlithe!

Pokédex: Growlithe, the Puppy Pokémon. A Pokémon with a friendly nature. However, it will bark fiercely at anything invading its territory.

Growlithe: Growl! Growlithe bites the thief's arms causing him to drop his weapon. It then attacked the thief using Flamethrower. The thief fell down, burned up.

Niko: Wow. That Growlithe is tough.

Growlithe: Lithe! Growlithe turned toward our heroes ready for another battle.

Duplica: Uh, don't look now, but I think Growlithe wants to fight.

Growlithe: Growl! A whistle is soon heard, and a whole pack of Growlithe surround the rogue one.

Niko: What's going on?

Officer Jenny: How awful. Are you okay? She asked the man on the ground.

Thief: Uh, yeah. I think so.

Officer Jenny: Just what do you think you're doing? She asked upset.

Niko: U-Us? Well we-

Officer Jenny: Not you. I'm talking to this Growlithe. You should know better!

Growlithe: Growl!

Niko: Huh? Why? Because he caught the thief?

Officer Jenny: He's not a thief! He's a police officer training our Canine Police Unit.

Kota: Canine police?

Officer Jenny: Correct. These are police Pokémon

Duplica: I guess that makes sense. Growlithe make perfect police Pokémon.

Kota: I see. Well, they sure are adorable. As Kota went to pet one, one of them growled at him causing the group to panic. Ah!

Niko: Did we make them mad?!

Officer Jenny: Don't worry, the Growlithe won't bite unless I order them to attack. Growlithe, line up! The Growlithe's line up on command. Except for one. These people are our new friends. Say hello, Canine Squad. The Growlithe bark happily amazing our heroes.