Battle 44: Fire And Ice

Narrator: Last time, Ash and Niko finally got to battle in the Pokémon League competition. In Niko first match on the rock field, Niko managed to win. While on the water field, Ash put all his hopes on Krabby. Then, after putting the pinch on Exeggutor, Krabby evolved into Kingler! Kingler sank Seadra, and beamed Golbat! With new fans on their side, Ash and Kingler were unstoppable. And for Niko, the crowd turned to him immediately. And together, they both won two thrilling upset victories.

In the Ice field, Levi was dominating the competition with his Rhydon.

Levi: Take Down! Now! Rhydon slammed into a Magmar and rendered it unable to battle.

Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, Levi has another crushing victory. Can no one stand in his way?

Levi: That's an easy question. No one can.

Over on the Rock field, the crowd is watching the second battle.

Announcer: Now, the second battle on the Rock field is nearing its climax! Each of the trainers has just one Pokémon left! The outcome of this match could very well be decided by which Pokémon these two young trainers select! Who will make the winning decision?!

Trainer Go! A Nidorino materializes.

Pokédex: Nidorino, the Poison Pin Pokémon

Pokédex: Nidorino, the Poison Pin Pokémon. An aggressive Pokémon that is quick to attack. The horn on its head secretes a powerful venom.

Announcer: And the red trainer chooses a Nidorino! Now, let's see what Pokémon the popular newcomer, Ash Ketchum, choose to face the powerful Nidorino! Pikachu starts letting off sparks, ready to battle.

Ash: I choose you, Squirtle! Pikachu falls over in surprise that Ash didn't send him out as Squirtle materializes.

Announcer: The young trainer from Pallet chooses Squirtle! Ketchum must be hoping that Nidorino's mighty horn is no match for Squirtle's super hard shell.

Ash: I'm counting on you! Give it everything you've got, Squirtle!

Squirtle: Squirtle Squirlte (You got it, buddy) Nidorino charges at Squirtle.

Misty: It's a Tackle attack!

Ash: Get ready. Nidorino closes in.

Announcer: Nidorino's leading off with a Tackle attack!

Ash: Alright, Squirtle, Withdrawal and roll!
Squirtle ducks into its shell as Nidorino strikes the rock it was standing on. Nidorino chases after Squirtle as it rolls away. Good, Squirtle! Keep rolling! Nidorino gets closer as Squirtle rolls up on a ramp-like rock and goes airborne, causing Nidorino to stop. Ash: Okay, Squirtle, Water Gun attack! Squirtle pops out of its shell and nails Nidorino with a powerful Water Gun, sending it crashing into a rock. Ash: Squirtle, Skull Bash attack, now! Squirtle speeds in like a bullet and nails Nidorino, knocking it out.

Announcer: Squirtle's Skull Bash was right on target, and Nidorino is shaken!

Referee: Nidorino is out of the competition! The battle and the match go to the green trainer, Ash Ketchum!