Battle 29: Showdown at Dark City

Dark City, this looks like the next stop on the journey for our heroes. Who knows what kind of chilling challenge they could face in this dingy, deserted ghost town.

Kota: Hm. This place seems kinda desolate. Where is everybody?

Niko: It's like a town for Ghost types.

Elekid: Bee bee! Elekid joyfully walked with its arms twirling.

Duplica: Elekid sure seems to be in a good mood.

Niko: Yeah. Elekid loves it when it's cloudy like today. A small child runs out but soon his mother comes to get him.

Mother: Get back inside this house right now! What if there are Pokémon trainers out? They were all confused by that.

Niko: Huh?

Duplica: That's weird. It's like they're afraid of Pokémon trainers. Suddenly they were all hit by rocks.

Niko: Who did that!? Niko looks up and spots several shadows. I see them! Get 'em, Elekid!

Elekid: Bee! (Sure) Elekid uses Thunderbolt on the stackers who turn out to be kids.

Kota: They're kids?!

Niko: Okay, fess up! Why were you throwing rocks at us?

Elekid: Bee! (Talk) Elekid said impatient.

Boy #1: You guys are Pokémon trainers, right?

Niko: We are. My names Niko. And I'm gonna be a Pokémon master.

Kota: I'm Kota. And I dream of becoming the world greatest Fighting Pokémon trainer.

Duplica: I'm Duplica. Am I wanna be the worlds best Ditto trainer. Hearing this made the big hit them all with a stick.

Niko: Ow! What was that for?!

Boy #1: We don't care who you are! If you work with Pokémon, you better get out of our town now, if you know what's good for you!

Elekid: Be bee! (Attack) Elekid suddenly electrocuted the boy with Thunderbolt causing him to fall over crispy.

Niko: Ah! Elekid!

???: Stop it, boys! A man comes out to stop the dispute. I apologize. These children don't mean to cause you any trouble. Come to my restaurant, and I'll explain everything.

Niko: Uh, sure. Our heroes take the conversation to the restaurant.

Restaurant owner: In Dark City there are two Pokémon gyms, the Yas gym and the Kaz gym. The two gyms are in the middle of a gang war and they'll hire any wandering Pokémon trainers as soldiers to battle for them.

Niko: Now I get it. No wonder people here don't like Pokémon trainers. While they spoke, a mysterious customer listened in.

Kota: But why are they fighting in the first place?

Restaurant owner: They claim that whichever gym wins will become an official Pokémon gym.

Niko: I can see why they're so anxious. Becoming an official Pokémon Gym is a huge honor. Just then, they heard a commotion outside.

Boy #1: It's them!

Duplica: Huh? Who's them?

Restaurant owner: The Yas and Kaz gyms are fighting again. If you don't want to get dragged into this, you better go upstairs and hide. Our heroes head upstairs as the Yas and Kaz gym leaders show up.