Battle 11: Evolutionary, my Dear Bulbasaur!

After traveling for days, the heroes finally arrived. They breathed a sigh of relief as they had finally arrived. Niko ran to the sign.

Niko: We made it!

They had arrived at Vermillion City!

Duplica: Finally. Maybe now I can take a bath.

Kota: Maybe I should look around to see the sights.

Niko: Yeah, but there is something very important we have to do first.

Kota: What's that?

RUMBLE RUMBLE RUMBLE

Duplica: Ehe. I guess we haven't eaten anything in a while.

Kota: Hehe. My apologies. I guess I should have stocked up.

Niko: How about we head to the Pokemon Center and get some food? Niko suggested which they all agreed.

And soon our heroes arrive at the Pokémon Center.

Niko: Excuse me! He called out. I'd like it if you could help my Pokémon.

Nurse Joy: Of course. I'll fix them up right away. Niko and Duplica were surprised when they saw her.

Niko: Uh, excuse me. But aren't you the Nurse Joy from Viridian City?

Duplica: Yeah. And the one from Pewter City? The nurse giggled.

Nurse Joy: I can see why you're surprised. I get that a lot. You see the Nurse Joy that works in Pewter City is my first cousin and the one in Viridian City is my second cousin. She explained. I think I'm the prettiest one, don't you?

Niko: Uh, yeah. He then whispered to Duplica. I can't tell the difference.

Duplica: Neither can I. The door opens as a trainer rushes in.

Trainer A: Hurry! You'll be okay Ratata! Hurry!

Kota: What happened to it?

Nurse Joy: Oh, no. That's the 15th one brought in this month.

Duplica: 15th?

Nurse Joy: Follow me. The group follows her to the recovery room. And what they saw, surprised them.

Kota: This is awful? Who did this?

Nurse Joy: They all lost to Lieutenant Surge, the Vermilion gym leader. She informed them. This makes 15.

Niko: Wow. 15. He must be really strong to beat this many Pokémon.

Kota: Yes, I'd say so. I had heard that he was a strong trainer.

Duplica: Niko? You sure you wanna do this? We can just wait until we can go to Saffron city.

Niko: Not a chance. I'm gonna win that third gym badge. And I know just the Pokémon to help. Come out, Bulbasaur! He calls out.