31: Bloom

A M E L L I A

I opened my eyes to darkness. I'm in a room, but it's too dark to know who's room is this. For some reason this darkness doesn't scare me, it actually gives comfort, unlike the usual darkness that envelopes my dreams.

I walked around the dark room, I felt a wall which I used as my guide. While walking around a light became visible, not that visible but slowly becoming visible. Getting closer I could hear voices from muttering to laughter until I finally reached where the light is coming from. There sitting at the dining table was family, laughing, talking, having fun. My eyes became teary as I look at my family, this is the life I've been wishing for. This kind of happiness.

"Dad..." I called out.

But no one looked at me.

"Alec? Dad?" I again tried.

But they just continued laughing. Slowly the light became dark, their laughter became quiet, their smiles are gone. All are looking at me with disgust, whispering to each other.

"Amellia." An unfamiliar voice from behind called me.

"Who's there?" I asked.

I looked around and saw no one.

"私の娘." A sweet soft voice echoed through my ear.
(Watashi no musume: My Daughter.)

The voice slowly became known to me. The voice I forgot because of how long time passed. The sweet voice I've always wanted to hear, the woman I wanted to be with.

"Mom..." My eyes are starting to pour out as I looked at my back where the image of my mother stand, glowing beautifully.

I smile formed on her lips as she looks at me with those beautiful green eyes.

She opened her arms and I immediately ran to her.

"I missed you. I missed you so much." I cried.

"I miss you too my baby. I've longed to hug and kiss my little baby again." She hugged me tightly as if she doesn't want to let me go.

"Please stay. Please don't leave me again, I don't want to be alone again."

"I never left, love. I'm always here." She pointed my heart, "You're never alone. I'm here, they're here, we are always here with you."

"But please..." I begged.

"I can't, baby. I also want to stay, but I can't."

I hugged her tightly as I poured out my tears.

"For all those times you stood by me," Mom started singing. "For all the truth that you made me see,
For all the joy you brought to my life,
For all the wrong that you made right." She looked at me, held my face while gently caressing it.

"For every dream you made come true,
For all the love I found in you
I'll be forever thankful, baby." I closed my eyes, embracing the moment.

"You're the one who held me up,
Never let me fall,
You're the one who saw me through, through it all." Mom hugged me again.

"Mio, don't ever think that we left you, that we don't love you. 'Cause we never stopped loving and looking for you. My life ended before I could even see you again, but my love, that doesn't mean I left the world with my love for you. It stayed right here, right there." She pointed at my heart.

"I will forever love you, even in your worst nights, your darkest nights. I will always be here with you. Even your brothers. And mostly your father."

"太陽が沈み、月が昇ります。" Mom kissed my forehead.
(Taiyō ga shizumi, tsuki ga noborimasu. : The sun goes down, the moon goes up.)

"This isn't the end, love. I love you."

"I love you too, Mom." With that she slowly faded with a bright smile on her face.

I then heard a bunch of laughters at my back again. My brothers and our father.

Dad looked at where I was standing. "Mia Figlia, what are you doing there? Come here." He said with a big smile.

"You took so long to go down." Alec said.

With teary eyes I ran to them and hugged Dad.

"Amellia, wake up." Dad's voice.

"Hmm.." I was still enjoying that dream.

"Come on, wake up. You need to eat." Dad said.

I sat up still my eyes closed.

"Go down immediately."

I washed up then went down.

"You were crying while smiling at your dream, is that good or not?" Alec asked.

"Half good, Half bad, mostly good." I answered.

"Why is it half bad?" Enzo asked.

"Because it was a dream that you were eating happily then when you all saw me you started looking at me with disgust." I said.

All of them stopped eating and looked at me.

"We would never." Aldren said. A bunch of yeah, yes was heard after that.

"I know." I smiled.

"Then why is it mostly good?" Lorenz asked.

"I saw and talked to mom." I answered with a bright smile.

"I haven't seen that smile in a while." Drix said.

"Yeah, mom could really bring smile to anyone." Shiro said.

"That would be true." Dad added.

"I want to see her again. She also sung me a song, it goes like this 'for all those times you stood by me' it started like that."

"Oh, Because You Loved Me, it's a song by Celine Dion, mom loved that song, she mostly sang it you." Akuma said.

"Oh yeah, I remember aunt singing that as a lullaby to Amellia." Ao said.

"It's a beautiful song."

"Yup. I wish I could hear mom sing that again." Kei said.

"Have you seen mom's biggest portrait?" Kai asked.

"The one in the living room? Of course." I answered as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"Dummy, not that. The one in mom and dad's room." Kai rolled his eyes.

"Eh? No, not yet. Dad." I looked at dad with my puppy eyes.

"W-What? Okay, okay. Finish your food first."

I ate a lot faster, "Slow down Amellia. You live here." Dad said.

"I'm done!" I said raising my fork.

"Eating as if you don't live here." Dad shook his head but stood up to walk to their room.

When we reached their room, dad slowly opened the white with gold lining door.

We all walked inside and the first thing that you'll see when you come in is mom's portrait, a big one. Like in those museums.

"That's big!" I said.

"I was that in love with her, that I gifted her that portrait for our 1st wedding anniversary. It took a year to finish it with all the details." Dad said.

"It's one of the most precious things that I could give to all of you when I die." Dad walked beside the portrait that displayed every inch of mom's feature.

"This much love could never be replaced. I love her so much, that I was even willing to go next with her. But remembering all of you, I couldn't." Dad said with a bittersweet smile.

We all came to hug him tight. At some point, my father is still soft.

I know this will end soon, we'll make sure that this will end as soon as possible.