28: Punishment

A M E L L I A

Imagine, the most treasured daughter, the current Italian and American mafia boss, and the current Yakuza Oyābun is over here at our house facing the wall together with all of our brothers.

"Legs hurt!!!" I shouted.

This is our punishment for joining the Mafia without Dad's permission, and for letting me join. It's already been 5 days, and Dad already got out of the hospital, and is now punishing us.

"That's your punishment." Dad simply said while he was focused on his laptop together with our aunts and uncles, even our grandfathers aren't doing anything.

"I thought I was your favourite daughter!"

"I only have one daughter, Mia figlia."

I pouted knowing that Dad is sticking with this punishment.

"Just a few more minutes." Dad said.

I looked at the clock and saw that it's almost 7, time to eat dinner and finally stop standing here while facing the wall.

A couple of minutes later we heard an alarm and finally we're able to let go of the books on our head, yes there were books on our head that's being supported by our hands, 'cause another minute will be added if one falls.

"FINALLY!"
"YES!"
"FOOODDDD!"
"SOFAAAAA!"
"OMAYGAD WE HAVE A CHAIR!"

Those were the words that came out of our mouth when we heard the alarm.

"Now, have you all learned your lessons?" Dad asked.

"Yea yeah dad. Now please let's have some dinner!" I said.

Dad chuckled, "Okay, okay, let's go."

We ate dinner and now we're here in the living room together with Gerald.

"Now please from the start." I said.

"Okay, okay. Let's start from when me and Raven were still at the orphanage. Our parents died in a car crash and have no other relatives that wanted to keep us, so we stayed at an orphanage. During that time Raven started to change, he was a nice boy, he taught me great things, he was the best brother. But while were at the orphanage he started to change, he became cold to everyone, he'll sometimes look at me like he really wants to kill me, or just stare at me blankly. We stayed at the orphanage for 2 years before finally a family wanted to adopt Raven, I was shocked when Raven refused to leave without me. I thought he hated me already. But he didn't go unless I was also adopted." Gerald explained.

"Then?" I asked impatiently.

"Then, when we arrived at our new home, that's when Raven started to plan out everything, he was planning to kill me because of something related to our parents, but changed his mind, and decided that he'll use me. He had a gun for some reason, he had a gun with him. I was so sure it's real, he even used it on me one time. He pointed that gun on me, threatened me, it's either I'll be his puppet or I die. I chose to be a puppet, I was okay with the part where he'll defeat your grandfather and take the yakuza. But everything went changed when I found out that he will also try to kill the whole family and start a new family. I didn't want to do that. Fian, your mother, she was already pregnant with you. I can't get my self to think about the power when I know that an innocent family who accepted and cared for us will die." Gerald is now crying.

"Fian was a beautiful and great mother, she's also the best cousin I could've ever wished for. I tried my best to stop Raven from doing anything without him noticing that I was doing something else. I did, well at least for 3 years before you got kidnapped. I was so happy that finally after having all boys for 2-3 decades, we finally have a princess. I was distressed when you were kidnapped, I promised your mom that I'll protect you. And yes I know I failed, but fuck I was also scared for my wife and child's life. I needed to protect them too. And again I failed, he brainwashed them, he used them, pretended to be me. Now my wife's dead, and he's using my daughter, Eve for his own satisfaction." Gerald who was crying earlier finally stopped and looked at me with worry, sadness, anger, and sorry seen in his eyes.

I couldn't help myself but hug him. I understand, but I'm still at the part where I'm adjusting to things.

I'm sorry Gerald, not now. I still can't get that fact inside my head after all those abusing, it's the same face. Some time, any time, maybe I'll be able to call you Uncle, and maybe I'll be thankful to you for trying to protect my family. Just not now.

All I can do for you right now is hug you tight. I'm not mad, neither am I sad. But there's still a part in me that can't fully accept Gerald into my life even after I know what truly happened.