I panicked for a second, but when I saw that it was somebody I knew, I began to cry harder, because I would be safe.

Lev Mikhaylov had taken me by my shoulder, or else I would have fallen on my back.

I hadn't even realized I was still wearing my headphones as I took them off, while the Russian mob boss seemed concerned because I was an utter mess.

It felt like my eyes were bloodshot, a deep red color because of the tears, while the mascara was smeared on my cheeks. My blonde hair wasn't in a low-bun anymore because it had untangled itself and was loose.

"T-Thank... g-god.." I sobbed because I was safe with Lev, and would always be safe with him.

He had proved that when I was swapped with Marcella, and he was nothing but kind towards me.

"What happened?" Lev asks, his concerned voice made me cry harder because if I hadn't bumped into him, Marcella's friend would have done horrible things to me.

"ROS-" Marcella's friends shouted my name, but stopped the moment he caught the sight of Lev by my side, a person who shouldn't be crossed, no matter what.

Lev lifted his head away from my face, and stared at the person behind me, he placed a protective arm around my shoulder, pressing me into his chest, and I felt safe because I knew Lev would never harm me.

I heard Marcella's friend mumble curse words underneath his breath, and ran away from us, but Lev's gaze followed him, it was like he imprinted Marcella's friend's face into his mind.

"H-He tried t-to-" I couldn't say anything else because I choked on my sobs, wiping the tears from my eyes.

Lev said something to his bodyguards behind him, in russian, and they rushed off somewhere.

He lifted me up in bridal style, and I buried my head in his neck, while he walked into the five-star hotel he was staying at.

We passed the massive hall as the receptionist welcomed us. He took the elevator to the highest floor, holding gently into me while my sobs started to die down.

He passed by a few doors, until he reached his suite, entering it and closing the doors behind us.

The suite had a large bedroom, the living room in the middle while a kitchen in the corner, along with a balcony to get the view of the city.

Lev placed me down on the king-sized bed, and the bed smelled like him, which meant that he had stayed in New York City for a while.

I leaned against the bed frame, and he took off his large coat, putting it over me, just like that time when my parents had swapped me with Marcella.

Back then, he had placed his coat over me, and waited for me to calm down.

Lev lowered his eyes to the Rolex watch on his wrist, and then strode to the kitchen, taking out a bottle of water with a straw.

He headed back to me, handing me the water bottle with the straw, because I liked drinking through a straw.

I thanked him, opening the water bottle and putting the straw in, then drinking. He pushed an armchair next to the bed, and took a seat in front of me.

He mans spread, showing off his toned-thighs behind his dark pants, and leaned forward, putting his elbows on his thighs while running a hand through his slight stubble.

We sat in comfortable silence, he didn't urge me to speak yet, but he wanted to know what happened, the concern in his dark blue eyes never left ever since he caught me running into him.

I drank the water, and once I had calmed down, he asked me, "What happened?"

"Will you believe me? I don't want to burden you-" I rambled on, scratching the flesh around my nails, but Lev placed a gentle hand on my own hand.

"You know that I will listen, tell me every detail, don't leave anything out, Дорогая." Lev says, his voice threatening but not towards me, instead of the people who dare to harm me. (Дорогая: Love, dear.)

I took a sharp breath and began to tell him about the text from Marcella to meet me at the restrooms, getting locked in, to Marcella's friend walking in, and him chasing me through the streets.

Lev clenched his jaw, holding tighter into my hand yet in a gentle manner. He was furious, and angry at the people who harmed me.

"I was so afraid. I thought I was going to die. If I hadn't run into you, Marcella's friend would have raped me."

Lev nodded, he tried to stay composed and calm, because that's how he is most of the time, cold and emotionless, but not today, today he was furious.

He listened to me for hours, until exhaustion took over me, and I fell asleep on his bed, curled into his bed covers as he had taken his coat from me, and placed it on the table.

Only when I fell asleep, safely in his bedroom, did he take action against the people who harmed me, but never once did he leave my side.