Liam was less awkward than he was two years ago, but he still fidgeted from attention.

"No, we can call them now." Liam grinned and his eyes crinkled.

"You sure? You seemed pretty invested in that book you threw."

Zayn slightly tilted his head, tempting Liam's lips with a light graze of his own.

Liam's heart stumbled on a thump. Zayn spoke soft when he was so close. The deep grumble was soothing. He had a sudden craving to close his eyes and listen to Zayn reading to him with that same rich voice.

"I didn't throw it. You frightened it from my grip." Liam slowly looked around his face. Zayn's handsome features stirred passionate emotion. "And I'm sure."

He could relax with Zayn later. He hoped they relaxed later. Affection didn't come and go, it stacked until they took care of it. Liam had never been in love before Zayn came along with the bond, so he wasnt sure if his feelings were abnormal or average. But he did love Zayn with all his heart, that was clear enough for him.

Zayn's office was cold when they arrived. The window was wide open, and the blinds were wonky to block part of the sun. Zayn had obviously been glaring outside as he phoned packs. He was always irritated and blunter than usual when he had to call people. If they could see his stone expression, they wouldn't reply.

He pulled the window, so it was less ajar and let Liam sit on his comfortable leather chair. He leaned against the desk next to him, watching Liam cross his legs and drag the chair closer to the desk.

Zayn phoned the Blade Pack and a woman's voice answered.

"Camila?" Zayn asked.

"Yes, this is she," the voice replied. "Zayn?"

"Yes.!"

"We have been expecting your call. Is your mate there with you?"

"Yes."

"Hello, Zayn's mate."

Liam quickly cleared his throat. "Hello, C-Camila."

Zayn's heart throbbed at his sudden shyness, reminding him of that timid Liam he had met in Ethdellin Town. Liam wasn't timid around Zayn anymore, though with others, Liam was sometimes afraid to be himself in case he was rejected the way he was rejected all his life.

"I'm Liam," he continued.

"So, I understand you have some questions for me about the bond" the voice said.

"Yes," Liam leaned closer to the phone. "I wanted to ask about how the bond um, affected you. Um.." Liam fiddled with his sleeves and glanced to Zayn.

"Has the bond affected you spiritually?" Zayn asked.

"Yes, more than I thought it would."

"In what ways?" Zayn replied.

Liam wished they could meet them and talk face to face. Zayn wouldn't risk traveling three hours, even if it was further up north.

"Well, before I met Renay, I wasn't very spiritual. I was pretty single minded and closed off from that part of life. I didn't know about werewolves before Renay. Has that been hard for you, Liam?" Camila asked.

"It was to begin with. Sometimes I would dream about werewolves and wake up to expect everything else to bea dream too."

Camila laughed. "Yes. I felt that way too for many months. So, about the bond. Yes, it affected me firstly with other wolves. You become very aware of your own mate. You feel them approaching and you notice how their wolf feels different to their human forms. Tell me Liam, can you recognise when Zayn is in his wolf form or human form even when you are not together?"