Chapter 20 - I do love nothing in the world so well as you-is not that strange?

Start from the beginning

"SAMANTHA!" Y/n shouted, chasing the pigeon man or whatever his suit is. 

<>------<>-----<>-------<>--------<>----<>

"Where in the Nines are you taking me?"  I huff in irritation. It's barely been two weeks and still I've been taken away against my will and forced around.

"Trust me!" Y/n answers brightly, guiding me through the long corridors of the tower.

She pulls me in a large, dark room. As soon as she flicks on the light, I am surrounded by a large library. Rows and rows of books lined the walls as far as the room extended. Soft carpets covered the oak floor with large sofas and plush armchairs atop them around the room. Bookshelves were everywhere and went all the way up to the ceiling with half of a second floor. 

"The royal Asgard one is much better."  I sniffed, trying not to show her any favour. But her gesture did touch me, more than she could know.

"It probably is."  she shrugs her shoulders and I could feel the slight hurt in her mind.

"But thank you. I've been needing some source of entertainment and intellectual stimulation."  I finish, her eyes slightly lighting up. 

"You're welcome. Come here when you want."  her smile is a warm one, one of a friend. 

<>------<>-----<>-------<>--------<>----<>

"Her love fair and true, eyes like the sun and moon. Star amongst the stars." I continued reading out loud, her soft breathing patterning my reading. She loved it when I read out loud. Y/n was sitting next to me, leaning against my arm, reading her own book but also absentmindedly playing with my hair.

"I like that. It's beautiful." she whispers, exhaling in calm.

"It's just like you darling." I answer, slightly pinching her nose as I watch her turn pink. 

She snuggled closer to me, head leaning against my shoulder. 

<>------<>-------<>--------<>------<>-------<>

I silently creep out of bed to go shower. 

Turning on the knobs and setting the water to cold, I step under the showerhead and start getting ready. 

When I step out, Y/n is sitting up in bed, rubbing the sleep from her tired eyes. As soon as she sees me, she slides out of bed to wrap herself lovingly around me, humming in content. I chuckled lightly and reciprocated the hug. She looked so beautiful with her morning hair slightly tousled and wide eyes. 

"You think I'm beautiful?" she grins, looking up into my emerald eyes. 

"You can't read my mind like that!" 

"You do it to me all the time!" 

"Yeah well, I can. I'm the god of Mischief. Not you." I answer smugly.

She huffs in discontent and I playfully tap her nose, earning a soft smile. Then, she shoves me out of the way to use my shower.  

I hear the water running and it somehow soothes me to know her so close to me. I neatly made the bed then sat down at my desk to start sketching. I traced her shape out in pencil before shading it in and contouring. Little by little, the blank sheet is replaced by her sleeping shape next to me this morning. I was drawing with such passion it took Y/n three shouts for me to finally hear her call for clothes. 

"LOKI FUCKING ODINSON! GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE!" 

"Yes darling?" I respond pleasantly, enjoying her anger

"Don't. Even. Get me some clothes." she mutters through gritted teeth, hiding in a large black towel.

"How about a please maybe?" 

"Loki... Ugh. Please." she scowls at my smiling face

"Good girl." I whisper, feeling the heat rushing to her cheeks.

I hand her one of my favorite hoodies, a soft emerald green one with black trimming and some of the smallest shorts I could find, since there was a slight height difference.

Once Y/n left the bathroom, she came to meet me on the bed, leaning against my chest as I wrap my arms around her. Her soft scent reaches my nose wafting from her and her hair. I weave my fingers through her hair, playing and twisting with the ends. 

"Loki?" she mumbled in my chest

"Hmm?" 

"I love you, you know that right?" Y/n lifted her head to look at me in the eyes, her y/e/c eyes locking with mine.

My heart swelled and tears menaced of spilling from my eyes. Her words hit me harder than she could know. The comfort of being loved despite everything. 

"I love you too Y/n." I whisper, kissing the top of her head. She sighed in happiness, pressing herself even closer to me.

I flicked my wrist and warm snowflakes fell from the ceiling, showering us softly. She giggled and tried to hold them in her hands. But, as soon as she touched them, they vanished into thin air.

"Do you want to go back and face people once more?" she asked me 

"Sadly, we must face these mewling quims once more." I smirk at her question

"Loki! They're my family." she slapped me playfully on the chest and I fell back as if in great pain. Y/n pulled me back up to cuddle me once more.

"I know Y/n, I was only joking." 

She smiled at me, her smile bright like the sun, shining like the stars.