Chapter 8: In the Hospital: Facing Uncertainty Together

Oh, I love it and I hate it at the same time
You and I drink the poison from the same vine

Mihi's heart clenched with worry as she tried desperately to calm her son's escalating panic

Mihi's heart clenched with worry as she tried desperately to calm her son's escalating panic. "Hamin, remember your favorite lunch? I made your favorite mushrooms," she said, her voice trembling with emotion as she tried to distract him from his distress.

But instead of soothing him, her words seemed to have the opposite effect. Hamin's eyes widened in fear, his voice trembling as he shook his head in confusion. "I don't remember, Momma. I don't remember anything," he cried, his words a desperate plea for understanding.

Mihi's heart shattered at her son's words, her own fear and helplessness mirroring his. She held him tightly, her arms a comforting embrace as she struggled to find the right words to ease his anguish.

"Hamin, it's okay," she whispered, her voice barely audible over his frantic sobs. "We'll figure this out together. I'm here for you, no matter what."

As the doctor entered the room, Mihi's heart skipped a beat with relief, her eyes pleading for answers as she launched into a frantic explanation of Hamin's condition.

"Doctor, he's been saying he can't remember anything," Mihi's voice trembled with worry as she recounted the events leading up to Hamin's injury.

The doctor listened intently, his expression grave as he examined Hamin's medical charts. After a moment of careful consideration, he turned to Mihi with a reassuring smile.

"It sounds like he's experiencing temporary amnesia," the doctor explained gently, his voice calm and reassuring. "It's a common symptom of a mild concussion, but rest assured, his memories should start to return as he continues to recover."

Relief flooded through Mihi at the doctor's words, her shoulders sagging with the weight of her anxiety. Beside her, Seokjin and Yoongi exchanged a silent glance, their expressions a mix of concern and gratitude.

"Thank you, doctor," Mihi breathed, her voice choked with emotion as she reached out to grasp Hamin's hand tightly.

The doctor nodded in understanding before turning to Seokjin and Yoongi. "If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask," he said kindly, his words a reassuring reminder that they were not alone in this.

As the doctor left the room, Mihi turned to Seokjin and Yoongi, her eyes shining with gratitude. "Thank you both for being here," she said softly, her voice filled with heartfelt appreciation.

Seokjin offered a reassuring smile to Mihi, his eyes filled with understanding. "It's nothing, really. I just felt it was necessary for me to come here and apologize on behalf of my daughter."

Mihi nodded in gratitude, her heart warmed by Seokjin's gesture of kindness. "Thank you, Seokjin. I know it wasn't intentional."

Yoongi interjected, sensing the need to lighten the mood. "Why don't we all head to the cafeteria? I think we could all use a break. Hamin has drifted off to sleep, and it'll give us a chance to relax and grab something to eat."