Chapter 3: Unveiled Echoes

Some mistakes get made
That's alright, that's okay
You can think that you're in love
When you're really just in pain

Some mistakes get madeThat's alright, that's okayYou can think that you're in loveWhen you're really just in pain

Yoojin's persistent shaking finally jolted Na Mi-hi back to the present moment. The CEO's speech had ended, and the room was filled with the murmur of applause. Yoojin looked at her with a bemused expression.

"Mi-hi, were you even here during the whole speech? You seemed totally lost," Yoojin remarked, a playful smile tugging at her lips.

Caught off guard, Mi-hi felt a blush creeping up her cheeks. She couldn't admit to Yoojin that she had been lost in thoughts about the CEO, especially their first meeting. To divert the conversation, she quickly fabricated a response.

"Oh, no, I was just... thinking about Hamin. You know how he's always up to some mischief. Just lost in my thoughts about what he might be planning," she said, mustering a casual tone and a forced smile.

Yoojin raised an eyebrow, clearly unconvinced but deciding not to press further. "Alright, Mi-hi, whatever you say. Let's just focus on the rest of the event. We don't want to miss anything important."

As they turned their attention back to the ongoing event, Na Mi-hi couldn't shake off the lingering memories of that unexpected encounter with Min Yoongi. The present seemed entwined with the past. 

The elevator doors slid open, revealing Min Yoongi standing inside. Na Mi-hi, recognizing him as the CEO, immediately bowed in respect and greeted him. "Good evening, sir."

Yoongi looked at her for a moment before a faint smile crossed his lips. "Aren't you the one who used to eat like a Upchuck in the school. If I am not wrong you were in Gwang-jeong high. Bath of 2011." he remarked, the words a playful tease.

Caught off guard, Mi-hi felt her cheeks flush with embarrassment. Stuttering slightly, she managed to respond, "Y-yes, that's me. It's been a while, sir."

Mi-hi couldn't help but feel a mixture of curiosity and surprise. "CEO Min, if you don't mind me asking, how do you remember me? We never really met during our school days. I was just known through my friends."

Yoongi's eyes held a spark of recognition. "I remember you from school. You used to hang out a lot with Eun-hi and Su-mi, right?"

Mi-hi nodded, feeling a mix of awkwardness and nostalgia. "Yes, sir."

"It's been a long time since I met someone from those school days," Yoongi mused, the elevator continuing its ascent.

Mi-hi, eager to navigate the conversation away from her past eating habits, tried to keep it light. "Yes, it has. School feels like a different lifetime now."

The elevator doors chimed open, indicating their arrival at the designated floor. Mi-hi, feeling a sense of relief, made a move to exit, but Yoongi continued the conversation. "Well, it's good to see familiar faces around. If you ever need anything, feel free to reach out. We're all a team here."