Chapter (6): KING OF THE CARTER

"Remember I can getcha block knocked off... I'm the king..."

HIS QUEEN: THIS IS THE POV OF EVERGREEN LAKEESHA BRADLEY CARTER AKA "BABY KEESHA" (THE QUEEN OF THE CARTER, EL SATON OF EL MANO)

Hm. In the words of my mother: My world. My rules. 

"You still think cuz you Baby D's widow you can't be touched when I will BEAT cho ass! You mean to tell me you got outta jail and had yo sons go over there and snatch Bobby up from Zarria! AGAIN! Just to stay LOCKED IN THAT HOUSE and then finally open up yo fuckin' door to let RAIN in!! Of ALL fucking people – just so you could destroy our fucking relationship?!! I HATE CHOO! How you gone give Rain a fucking reason to hate me at a time like this when you know what the fuck is going on with us?!! I'll fuck you up Keesha, don't open yo mouth to me!! YOU know Cutta got LIFE for this fucking family and she already going thoo it, how could you give Rain all that shit from her maggot ass grandmama??!!!"

My big sister yelled and cussed at me just now for about five minutes before I finally just hung up the phone in her fucking face. After listening to Kayla's mouth, I couldn't take Toyia's too.

But she's right about one thing she said:

Fuck my daddy. Just be glad, with all his lies, that he wasn't actually a Blood Carter, and we haven't been fucking our own relatives for all this time.

I sit down at my vanity table and gaze at my reflection in all of this quiet.

Whover that was that called my legal phone in front of Rain, and I'm assuming that it was a bitch – she was using that voice app that people use to scramble and disguise their voices. That was a bitch, using that shit to extort me when that shit is not gonna happen.

I'm the Queen of the fucking Carter with about twenty gangsta ass sons when you count the adopted ones. These bitches just don't know. Omi is like a wolf after a meal. When he finds the bitch who called my phone and then had the nerve to speak on my daddy, or on any King of The Carter – Omi is going to bring that ass to me, and it's straight over for that bitch. The long way. Had the nerve to try to extort me. And then Kayla called me with her shit, when I really don't feel like being fucking bothered.

And then there's Tutty with his shit. Fuck. Tutty is here, in California. Fenna start some shit. I think about Tutty and I can just feel Derikk all over me, heating up with jealous anger.

"I'm forever yours, and I'll never leave. Stop this shit." I whisper to the mirror. To my husband. And I know in my heart that he can hear me. Feel me somehow. And always. No matter where he is, our magic is just that real...

 No matter where he is, our magic is just that real